Managing Benefits™ Foundation
The purpose of the Managing Benefits™ guidance and certification scheme is to provide managers and practitioners from different disciplines / in a variety of organizations with applicable guidance in benefits management principles, practices and techniques.
This 3-day foundation course discusses Managing Benefits guidance at a foundation level, ensuring that the candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the principles, practices and techniques of this domain.
Individuals certified at this level have a demonstrated understanding of:
- Definitions, scope and objectives of benefits management, barriers to its effective practice, and the key characteristics of success.
- Principles and approaches to successful benefits management.
- Five practices contained within the Benefits Management Cycle and relevant techniques applicable for each practice.
- Key elements of portfolio-based benefits management.
- Scope of key roles and responsibilities for benefits management and the typical contents of the main benefits management documentation.
- The various approaches to implementation and the factors to consider in sustaining progress.
|The Guide represents a ‘manifesto for change’ –change in relation to the management and successful realization of benefits from change initiatives. You will receive a copy of the guide in this course
The guidance (and supporting qualifications) are aimed at those with a role in ensuring optimal use of taxpayer and shareholder funds by maximizing the benefits realized from change initiatives.
- Senior executives, including Change and Transformation Directors, responsible for delivering value for money from the organization’s investments in change and achieving the organization’s strategic objectives.
- Senior Responsible Owners (SRO’s)/Sponsors/Project Board Executives and project and programme management (PPM) and change management professionals responsible for delivering the change initiatives from which benefits are realized.
- Portfolio managers and Portfolio Office staff responsible for managing the organization’s portfolio of change initiatives – including optimizing the contribution to strategic objectives.
- Business Case writers responsible for delivering reliable cases on which to base investment decisions.
- Finance professionals and economists responsible for undertaking, or participating in, investment appraisal and portfolio prioritization reviews.
- Business managers responsible for managing the operational functions by which, or within which, change initiatives are delivered and benefits are realized.
- Change Managers and Benefits Managers responsible for managing business change and benefits realization.
- Others with an interest in the successful delivery of change, including strategic planners, operational performance managers, internal and external auditors, procurement and commercial professionals etc.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course.
- Overview and Principles
- Identify and Quantify
- Value and Appraise
- Portfolio based application
- Implement, Sustain and Measure
- Take Mock Exam
- Mock Exam Review
- Closed-book format
- 50 multiple-choice questions
- 40 minutes
- A minimum of 25 correct answers (50%) to pass