Managing Benefits™ Foundation
The purpose of the Managing Benefits™ guidance and certification scheme is to provide managers and practitioners from different disciplines / in a variety of organizations with applicable guidance in benefits management principles, practices and techniques.
This 3-day foundation course discusses Managing Benefits guidance at a foundation level, ensuring that the candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the principles, practices and techniques of this domain.
Individuals certified at this level have a demonstrated understanding of:
- Definitions, scope and objectives of benefits management, barriers to its effective practice, and the key characteristics of success.
- Principles and approaches to successful benefits management.
- Five practices contained within the Benefits Management Cycle and relevant techniques applicable for each practice.
- Key elements of portfolio-based benefits management.
- Scope of key roles and responsibilities for benefits management and the typical contents of the main benefits management documentation.
- The various approaches to implementation and the factors to consider in sustaining progress.
- Change leaders (e.g., senior responsible owners and directors of change).
- Change initiators (e.g., strategic planners and policy leads).
- Change appraisers and evaluators (e.g., business case developers and project appraisers).
- Change implementers/enablers (e.g., portfolio, program and project managers).
- Change support staff (e.g., portfolio, program and project office staff).
There are no formal prerequisites for this course.
- Overview and Principles
- Identify and Quantify
- Value and Appraise
- Portfolio based application
- Implement, Sustain and Measure
- Take Mock Exam
- Mock Exam Review
Exam is offered at the last day of the course but is not included in the course price. Exam fee is 2200,- NOK + taxes. Please tick off for exam if you want to include when you order the course.
- Closed-book format
- 50 multiple-choice questions
- 40 minutes
- A minimum of 25 correct answers (50%) to pass
Other relevant courses