ITIL® 4 Foundation - 2 days course for ITIL experienced
ITIL 4 is built on the established core of best practice in the ITIL guidance. ITIL 4 provides a practical and flexible approach to move to the new world of digital transformation and embrace an end-to-end operating model for the delivery and operation of products and services. ITIL 4 also provides a holistic end-to-end picture that integrates frameworks such as Lean IT, Agile, and DevOps.
The ITIL® (4) Foundation “Pro” is a 2-day classroom room based on the exam specifications specified by AXELOS for the ITIL® (4) Foundation certification. The fundamental objective of this course is to help the participants understand the key concepts of service management and the ITIL 4 service management framework and prepare for the ITIL® (4) Foundation exam.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the key concepts of ITIL service management.
- Understand how ITIL guiding principles can help an organization to adopt and adapt ITIL service management.
- Understand the four dimensions of ITIL service management.
- Understand the purpose and components of the ITIL service value system, and activities of the service value chain, and how they interconnect.
- Understand the key concepts of continual improvement.
- Learn the various ITIL practices and how they contribute to value chain activities
The ITIL® (4) Foundation course fundamentally targets the participants in the IT and business domains who are familiar with earlier versions of ITIL and/or other sources of industry best practice and wish to learn about ITIL 4. This course and the related certification can be beneficial for the following roles:
- IT Support Staff
- IT Consultants
- Business Managers
- Business Process Owners
- IT Developers
- Service Providers
- System Integrators
There are no prerequisites for this course, although basic knowledge of Service Management concepts is helpful.
Module 1: Course Introduction
- Introduction to IT Service Management in the Modern World
- Introduction to ITIL 4
- Case Study: Axle Car Hire
- Case Study: The CIOs Vision for Axle
- Exam Details
Module 2: Service Management: Key Concepts
- Value and Value Co-Creation
- Value: Service, Products, and Resources
- Service Relationships
- Value: Outcomes, Costs, and Risks
Module 3: The Guiding Principles
- The Seven Guiding Principles
- Applying the Guiding Principles
Module 4: The Four Dimensions of Service Management
- Organizations and People
- Information and Technology
- Partners and Suppliers
- Value Streams and Processes
- External Factors and Pestle Model
Module 5: Service Value System
- Overview of Service Value System
- Overview of the Service Value Chain
Module 6: Continual Improvement
- Introduction to Continual Improvement
- The Continual Improvement Model
- Relationship between Continual Improvement and Guiding Principles
Module 7: Overview of ITIL Practices
- Purpose of ITIL Practices
- The Continual Improvement Practice
- The Change Control Practice
- The Incident Management Practice
- The Problem Management Practice
- The Service Request Management Practice
- The Service Desk Practice
- The Service Level Management Practice
- Module 1 Course Introduction of ITIL 4 based
- Module 2 Service Management: Key Concepts
- Module 3 The Guiding Principles
- Module 4 The Four Dimensions of Service Management
- Module 5 The Service Value System and Service Value Chain
- Module 6 Continual Improvement
- Module 7 Overview of ITIL Practices
- Exam Preparation Guide/ Mock Exam
The purpose of the exam is to assess if participants are able to demonstrate sufficient understanding of the ITIL 4 service management framework. The ITIL® 4 Foundation certificate is awarded on successful completion of the exam.
- The exam is closed book with forty (40) multiple choice questions.
- The pass grade is 65% (26 out of 40 questions).
- The exam lasts 60 minutes.