ITIL® 4 Foundation
ITIL 4 is built on the established core of best practice in the ITIL guidance. ITIL 4 provides a practical and flexible approach to move to the new world of digital transformation and embrace an end-to-end operating model for the delivery and operation of products and services. ITIL 4 also provides a holistic end-to-end picture that integrates frameworks such as Lean IT, Agile, and DevOps.
The ITIL® (4) Foundation is a 3-day classroom room based on the exam specifications specified by AXELOS for the ITIL® (4) Foundation certification. The fundamental objective of this course is to help the participants understand the key concepts of service management and the ITIL 4 service management framework and prepare for the ITIL® (4) Foundation exam. In addition, the “Pro” edition offers a rich learning experience that helps the participants understand ITIL 4 and relate ITIL to their own work environment.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the key concepts of ITIL service management.
- Understand how ITIL guiding principles can help an organization to adopt and adapt ITIL service management.
- Understand the four dimensions of ITIL service management.
- Understand the purpose and components of the ITIL service value system, and activities of the service value chain, and how they interconnect.
- Understand the key concepts of continual improvement.
- Learn the various ITIL practices and how they contribute to value chain activities
The ITIL® (4) Foundation course fundamentally targets the participants in the IT and business domains who wish to take first steps in service management or who are familiar with earlier versions of ITIL and/or other sources of industry best practice and wish to learn about ITIL 4. This course and the related certification can be beneficial for the following roles:
- IT Support Staff
- IT Consultants
- Business Managers
- Business Process Owners
- IT Developers
- Service Providers
- System Integrators
There are no prerequisites for this course, although basic knowledge of Service Management concepts is helpful.
Module 1: Course Introduction
- Introduction to IT Service Management in the Modern World
- Introduction to ITIL 4
- Case Study: Axle Car Hire
- Case Study: The CIOs Vision for Axle
- Exam Details
Module 2: Service Management: Key Concepts
- Value and Value Co-Creation
- Value: Service, Products, and Resources
- Service Relationships
- Value: Outcomes, Costs, and Risks
Module 3: The Guiding Principles
- The Seven Guiding Principles
- Applying the Guiding Principles
Module 4: The Four Dimensions of Service Management
- Organizations and People
- Information and Technology
- Partners and Suppliers
- Value Streams and Processes
- External Factors and Pestle Model
Module 5: Service Value System
- Overview of Service Value System
- Overview of the Service Value Chain
Module 6: Continual Improvement
- Introduction to Continual Improvement
- The Continual Improvement Model
- Relationship between Continual Improvement and Guiding Principles
Module 7: Overview of ITIL Practices
- Purpose of ITIL Practices
- The Continual Improvement Practice
- The Change Control Practice
- The Incident Management Practice
- The Problem Management Practice
- The Service Request Management Practice
- The Service Desk Practice
- The Service Level Management Practice
- Module 1 Course Introduction of ITIL 4 based
- Module 2 Service Management: Key Concepts
- Module 3 The Guiding Principles
- Module 4 The Four Dimensions of Service Management
- Module 5 The Service Value System and Service Value Chain
- Module 6 Continual Improvement
- Module 7 Overview of ITIL Practices
- Exam Preparation Guide/ Mock Exam
The purpose of the exam is to assess if participants are able to demonstrate sufficient understanding of the ITIL 4 service management framework. The ITIL® 4 Foundation certificate is awarded on successful completion of the exam.
- The exam is closed book with forty (40) multiple choice questions.
- The pass grade is 65% (26 out of 40 questions).
- The exam lasts 60 minutes.