SAFe® 6.0 Product Owner/Product Manager
Elevate your Product Management skills in a SAFe® environment, required to guide the delivery of value in a Lean enterprise. Develop the skillsets needed to guide the delivery of value in a Lean enterprise by becoming a SAFe® 6.0 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM). During this two-day course, attendees gain an in-depth understanding of how to effectively perform their role in the Agile Release Train (ART) as it delivers value through Program Increments.
Attendees explore how to apply Lean thinking to decompose Epics into Features and Stories, refine Features and Stories, manage Program and Team backlogs, and to plan and execute Iterations and Program Increments. Attendees also discover how the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture contribute to the relentless improvement of the ART.
What is included with this course?
- 2 days of training with a certified industry professional.
- 200+ page comprehensive course manual.
- On the rare occasion a student doesn’t pass, they can re-attend the course for FREE within 6 months (excludes exam re-sits).
- End of each module revision questions.
- Full mock exam.
- SAFE Scrum Master Examination included free
It is highly recommended that you have attended a Leading SAFe or SAFe for Teams course; possess Lean, Agile, or other relevant certifications; and/or work experience in a SAFe environment.
- Product Solution Managers
- Product and Business Owners
- Process Leads
About Sue Atkins
As a self-confessed bug-magnet, quality advocate and risk nut, Sue Atkins has been active in the world of software testing and process improvement for over thirty years.
She has experience of software development from both the waterfall and Agile perspectives across a diverse range of sectors – from banking and telecoms to healthcare and retail.
Sue has a passion for training and loves to help others grow their skills in all dimensions of testing, quality and process improvement. She has spoken at a number of conferences, is co-chair of the Scottish Testing Group and was a member of the programme committee for EuroSTAR 2022 – Europe’s largest Testing Conference.
- Implement SAFe® in a Lean enterprise
- SAFe® Lean-Agile principles for the Product Owner/Manager
- Effectively support Lean Portfolio Management
- Put together a role action plan
- Deliver benefits with Program Increment Planning
- Run and deliver ongoing value with the Program Increment
- Identify Product Owner/Manager responsibilities
- SAFe® in the Lean enterprise
- Lean-Agile mindset for the Product Owner/Manager
- Support Lean Portfolio Management
- Continuously understand customer needs
- Carry out the Program Increment
- Roles and responsibilities of the Product Owner/Manager
- Develop a Product Owner/ Manager action plan
The examination consists of a closed book, web-based multiple choice exam. Candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete 45 questions, with a score of 34 (76%) required to pass. The exam is free with the purchase of this course.
Please note! If you don´t pass the exam on the first attempt, it will cost 50$ per new attempt of the certification.