Around the world, there are many organizations in both the public and private sectors, who recognise that their portfolio, programme and project management is best supported through a delivery support office. PRINCE2®, Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®), Management of Portfolio’s (MOP® )and Management of Risk (M_o_R®) all touch on the need to provide adequate support structures. P3O® provides a single source of information for guidance or advice on setting up or running an effective delivery support office.
Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices (P3O®) is a Best Management Practice certification that brings together a set of principles, processes and techniques to facilitate effective portfolio, programme and project management through enablement, challenge and support structures.
The purpose of the P3O® 2013 Foundation course, is that the candidate learns the:
- High-level P3O model and its component offices
- Differences between Portfolio, Programme and Project Management
- Key functions and services of a P3O
- Reasons for establishing a P3O model
- Differences between types of P3O model and the factors that influence selection of the most appropriate model
- Processes to implement or re-energize a P3O
- Tools and techniques used by a P3O
- Purpose and major responsibilities of the defined roles
This course is relevant if you are have corporate or senior management responsibility over your organisations portfolio of change and seek to improve current costly or ineffective approaches to Programme and Project Management. You are involved in corporate strategy/business planning, portfolio management, senior business management, Portfolio/Programme/Project Office management; or have a functional role within Programmes/Project offices.
There are no formal prerequisites, but a PRINCE2 Foundation certificate is recommended.
All course material will be delivered digital and consist of:
- Course material with slide sett
- Official P3o manual
How to take the exam:
Regular classroom courses:
Paperbased exam at the end of the last course day
You will get an exam voucher that gives you access to an online exam. This can be booked and taken home monitored by a proctor via camera.
Get the step-by-Step Guidelines on how to take an Online Proctored Exam on your computer.
Online Proctoring Guidelines
The trainer will also guide you through the procedures on how to book and prepare for the exam during the course
For both alternatives:
If you fail on your first attempt you receive a free online retake voucher. This can only be conducted online.
The course will cover the following topics:
- What is a P3O® Model
- Why have a P3O®
- How to implement Or To Re-Energize A P3O
- Tools and techniques
- Sample Foundations exams
- An Introduction to P3O - Discussing why, when and how to use P3O models in-cluding the difference between portfolio, programmes and project environments and their different requirements
- Value - What value P3O can bring to the organization including a business case, funding models and performance measures
- Model - An overview of the different P3O models with examples
- Functions and Techniques - Details on the functions/services and techniques/tools used by units of a P3O model.
About the exam:
- Multiple choice examination questions
- 50 questions per paper with one mark available per question
- 40 minutes’ duration
- Extra time (15 min) for non-natives English speakers
- 30 marks required to pass (out of 50 available) – 60%
- Closed book.