Program management is rising in popularity. Program management is the discipline that helps manage resources and dependencies across multiple projects whilst implementing strategic changes to the organization. This course covers the basics and main principles of the MSP® methodology for managing successful programs. MSP® is an internationally recognized methodology.
The purpose of the MSP Foundation certification is to confirm you understand the the MSP guidance thoroughly enough to work effectively with those involved in the management of a programme or to act as an informed member of a programme office, business change team or project delivery team working within an environment supporting MSP.
- Distinguishing between projects and programmes.
- How to identify the MSP defined types of programme and their characteristics.
- The benefits of applying the MSP guidance to the management of a programme of transformational change.
- The purpose and areas of focus of the defined roles.
- The purpose of the seven MSP principles, the nine governance themes and the six transformational flow processes.
- Thee purpose of MSP programme information (documents).
- Members of a programme office, business change team members, project delivery team.
- Members, anyone who needs to understand the terminology and concepts underpinning MSP.
- Those wishing to pursue higher level qualifications (e.g. programme managers, business
- Change managers (BCMs) and senior responsible owners (SROs).
Delegates should ideally have experience of managing or working in programs prior to attending. Knowledge of the PRINCE2® project management method is advantageous but by no means mandatory; some exposure to a project management method will aid understanding of how the program works with these projects.
MSP Philosophy and Structure:
- What is a program and how it differs to both business as usual and project work.
- Relationship between the MSP Principles, Governance Themes and the Transformational Flow.
The 7 MSP principles:
- Remaining aligned with corporate strategy
- Leading change
- Envisioning and communicating a better future
- Focusing on benefits and threats to them
- Adding Value
- Designing and delivering a coherent capability
- Learning from experience
The 9 MSP Governance Themes:
- Leadership and stakeholder engagementv
- Benefits management
- Blueprint design and delivery
- Planning and control
- The Business case
- Risks and issue management
- Quality and assurance management
The 6 MSP Transformational Flow Processes:
- Identifying a program
- Defining a program
- Managing the tranche
- Delivering the capability
- Realising the benefits
- Closing a program
- Multiple choice questions
- 75 questions per paper with one mark available per question
- Five questions to be trial and not counted in scores
- 35 marks required to pass (out of 70 marks available) - 50%
- 60 minutes’ duration
- Closed book.
Exam is offered at the end of the last day in the course but is not included in the course price. Extra cost: NOK 2200,- + mva
Andre relevante kurs