ISTQB Advanced Level Test Automation Engineer Certificate
Gain the knowledge and skills necessary to guide a test automation project, and differentiate yourself in one of the fastest growing areas of Software Testing.
Become an Accredited Test Automation Engineer!
Automation is a key skill for the modern tester. This course enables you to accredit your automation skills and build a solid understanding of the concepts, methods and processes for automating tests. You will gain insights into the complex landscape of test automation tools, learning methods that are applicable across a number of development approaches and platforms.
This course connects the relationships of the tests to the crucial areas of test management, configuration management, defect management, software development processes and quality assurance.
On completion of this course students will have all the information needed to successfully sit the corresponding exam to become an accredited ISTQB Advanced Test Automation Engineer.
The ISTQB Advanced Test Automation Engineer is designed for testers possessing ISTQB Foundation Level certification (or higher) and at least 3 years’ experience in testing. This could include:
- Experienced testers looking to develop expertise in test automation
- Test Managers needing the skills to plan and lead automation projects
- Test Automation professionals wanting to accredit their skills for recognition by employers, clients and peers
Instructor Clive Bates
Clive has been involved in testing for over 30 years and has a clear passion to help others grow their own skills and knowledge through training, presentations, and mentoring. Clive has been described by his students as an “Entertrainer” due to his style of training, passion for all aspects of testing and his objective to ensure the training is an enjoyable experience for the students.
His desire to give back to the industry meant he helped establish the original ISEB certification scheme in 1998 with a focus in the UK, and then continuing when ISTQB was established up to the current time. In addition to the delivery of training and consultancy Clive is the Director of Accreditation for UKTB, and part of the Management Executive for the TMMi Foundation as Chair of Accreditation.
Clive also has a keen interest in Process Improvement and has been a TMMi Lead Assessor since 2010 and a certified Test Process Improver. He is very active in training TMMi and running assessments globally, which gives him a unique inside knowledge on a wide range of organisations and lifecycles. Clive likes to learn new things that means he always has an eye on the future direction of our testing industry.
The exam is not included in the training. To book exam time please contact our test center.
About the exam:
The Advanced Level Test Automation Engineer exam is comprised of 40 multiple choice questions, with a pass mark grade of 65% to be completed within 90 minutes. The examination is separate from the 3 day course and sat on a different day.
This course is conducted and delivered by our partner Planit.
- Contribute to the development of a plan to integrate automated testing within the testing process
- Evaluate tools and technology for automation best fit to each project and organisation
- Create an approach and methodology for building a test automation architecture (TAA)
- Design and develop test automation solutions that meet the business needs.
- Enable the transition of testing from a manual to an automated approach
- Create automated test reporting and metrics collection
- Analyse a system under test to determine the appropriate automation solution
- Analyse test automation tools for a given project and report technical findings and recommendations.
- Analyse factors of implementation, use, and maintenance requirements for a given Test Automation Solution
- Analyse deployment risks and identify technical issues that could lead to failure of the test automation project, and plan mitigation strategies
- Verify the correctness of an automated test environment including test tool setup
- Verify the correct behavior for a given automated test script and/or test suite
- Introduction and Objectives for Test Automation
- Preparing for Test Automation
- The Generic Test Automation Architecture
- Deployment Risks and Contingencies
- Test Automation Reporting and Metrics
- Transitioning Manual Testing to an Automated Environment
- Verifying the Test Automation Solution
- Continuous Improvement