Gain essential testing skills and build your career with this industry standard qualification for software testing professionals from the International Software Testing Qualifications Board.
Get Certified Now. The ISTQB® Foundation Level Certification gives you the essential skills and knowledge needed to work as a testing professional.
Internationally recognised, the ISTQB® Foundation Certificate is a must for securing your place in the rapidly growing software testing industry. It is the industry standard professional qualification and is fast becoming a prerequisite among hiring managers when considering testing candidates.
Participants learn to apply test principles and control their own test activities using test processes and methodologies that are globally recognised as best practice.
This course has no prerequisites however it is suggested that candidates have at least six months' practical experience in a professional testing role. It is designed for:
- Test Analysts and prospective testers looking to improve their testing knowledge.
- Anyone looking to understand software testing principles and terminology.
- Testers looking to accredit their skills for recognition among employers, clients and peers.
- Anyone looking to understand software testing terminology.
No particular previous knowledge is needed. However, previous experience of testing or developing can make it easier to relate the course content to actual working situations.
About the instructor: Rachel Whitney
Rachel Whitney is Senior Trainer who trains many testing and agile courses, to individuals that want to understand more about industry best practises. After spending nearly two decades working and training in the testing space for a number different organisation which include companies in the gaming, utilities and finance industry. Rachel knows what truly works well for any team to achieve a good quality tested product. She has lead test teams using traditional software development lifecycles and has be involved in guiding and coaching teams adopting Agile methodologies. Her passion is to ensure her training classes are filled with a fun and are a relaxed environment to learn something new. With her wealth of experience of she can relate the material that is being taught to real world examples. She is great at keeping a class focused and has recently been told she is the ‘Test Entertainer’.
- Learn fundamental testing principles, including details of the testing process
- Understand testing throughout the software development lifecycle
- Apply static test techniques
- Apply a variety of test design techniques for more effective test preparation
- Understand management of the testing process
- Identify tools that support testing
- Fundamentals of software testing
- Testing across the software lifecycle
- Static techniques
- Test design techniques
- Test management
- Tool support for testing
The exam is not included in the training. To book exam time please contact our test center.
Exam price for ISTQB Foundation (CTFL) 2018 test is NOK 2650,- + mva
About the exam:
The Foundation Level exam comprises 40 multiple-choice questions, with a scoring of 1 point for each correct answer, a pass mark of at least 65% (26 or more points) and a duration of 60 minutes (or 75 minutes for candidates taking exams that are not in their native language).
Download the exam syllabus (by pressing this link)
This course is conducted and delivered by our partner Planit.
Andre relevante kurs