COBIT 2019 Foundation
COBIT 2019 Builds on, and integrates over 25 years of development in the Enterprise
Governance of IT domain. COBIT 2019 incorporates new insights from science, and developed these insights into operational practices. COBIT 2019 is a major evolution of the framework, and
replaces COBIT 2005.
- IT Governance, AssuranceRisk, Compliance Managers
- Business Manager
- IT Managers
- Regulators Business and vendor partners, and IT Vendors
No mandatory prerequisites although some experience in IT or related fields is recommended.
At the conclusion of the course attendees will understand:
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the context, benefits and key reasons COBIT is used as an information and technology governance framework.
- Explain the key attributes of the COBIT framework
- Key attributes
- Product family
- Alignment with industry frameworks
- Compare the COBIT principles for governance system framework.
- Describe the components of a governance system:
- Governance and management objectives
- Components of the governance system
- Focus areas
- Design factors
- Goals cascade
- Describe the elements of governance and management objectives.
- Differentiate COBIT based performance management using maturity and capability perspectives.
- Discover how to design a tailored governance system using COBIT.
- Explain the key points of the COBIT business case.
- Describe the relationships between the COBIT Design and Implementation Guides.
- Prepare and pass the COBIT 2019 Foundation exam.
Module 1: Course Introduction
- Course Description
- Learning objectives
- Intended Audience
- Course Modules
- Exam Requirements
Module 2: Framework Introduction
- Enterprise Governance of Information and Technology
- COBIT as an I&T Framework
- COBIT Format and Product Architecture
- Major Differences between COBIT 5 and COBIT 2019
- COBIT and Other Standards
- Training and Certification
- Group Discussion Questions
- Module Summary
Module 3: Principles
- Governance “System” Principles
- Governance “Framework” Principles
Module 4: Governance Systems and Components
- Governance and Management Objectives
- Components of a Governance System
- Focus Areas
- Design Factors
- Goals Cascade
Module 5: Governance and Management Objectives
- Overview of the COBIT Core Model
- Governance and Management Objectives Purpose Statements
- Governance and Management Objectives Related Guidance
Module 6: Performance Management
- Performance Management Definition, Principles and Overview ● Managing Performance of Processes
- Managing Performance of Other Governance System Components ● Module Summary
Module 7: Designing a Tailored Governance System
- Introduction to designing a tailored governance system
- Impact of design factors
- Designing a tailored system
Module 8: Getting Started with COBIT
- Making a Case for Getting Started
- Overview of the COBIT Business Case
- Example Scenario
Module 9: Implementing Enterprise Governance Over IT
- Implementation Guide Purpose and Scope
- Implementation Steps
- Design Guide and Implementation Guide Relationships
Delivery Online Proctored
Exam Format Closed-book format
Duration 120 minutes # of questions 75, simple multiple choice (1 mark per question)
Pass Grade 65%
The exams are available only as webcam proctored exams.
Exam Location :
Remote, at any approved location with a webcam (home/office)
Exams need to be scheduled by the candidate themselves at a time and date convenient to the delegate