CNSE: Check Point Cloud Network Security Expert for Azure R81
This 2-day expert course provides an understanding of the concepts and skills necessary to deploy and manage CloudGuard Network and Cloud Security Posture Management security solution within an Azure security environment.
Cloud Architects, Security Experts, and Network Administrators requiring in depth knowledge on CloudGuard Network Security products.
It is also for those who are working towards their Check Point Cloud Network Security Expert for Azure (CNSE) Certification.
About the instructor, Eric Anderson
Eric Anderson is Senior Engineer at Atlantic Data Security and has been working with Check Point products as a VAR for almost 20 years, and as a Check Point certified instructor for 18 years.
Eric is one of the featured speakers at CPX360 in Las Vegas in February 2019.
- Advanced Cloud Security
- Cloud Management
- Cloud Policy Design
- Advanced Cloud Automation
- Scaling Solutions
- Use Cases
- Discuss Azure Platform Components and their relationship to Check Point CloudGuard Network Security.
- Explain how to maintain a secure, efficient, and stable cloud environment.
- Describe the components and constraints of a hub and spoke cloud security environment
- Describe the function of the Cloud Management Extension
- Explain the purpose of identity and access controls and constraints in different cloud platforms.
- Explain the steps required to configure Identity and Access controls in Azure.
- Describe the purpose and function of the CloudGuard Controller, its processes, and how it is tied to the Identity Awareness feature.
- Explain how to design and configure Cloud Adaptive Policies.
- Discuss the purpose and function of Data Center Objects.
- Describe the function and advantages of Cloud Service Provider
(CSP) automation templates for instance and resource deployments.
- Explain how CSP templates can be used for maintenance tasks in the cloud environment.
- Discuss Third-Party Automation tools, how they can simplify deployment and maintenance tasks, and the constraints associated with them
- Discuss Scaling Solutions and Options for Cloud Environments
- Explain the Scaling Options in Azure.
- Describe the workflow for configuring scaling solutions in Azure.
- Discuss how ClusterXL operates and what elements work together to permit traffic failover.
- Explain how ClusterXL functions differently in a Cloud Environment
- Describe how clusters are created and function in Azure.
- Discuss the elements involved in Hybrid Data Center deployments, the advantages of them, and the constraints involved.
- Explain the nature of a “Greenfield” deployment, the advantages of it, and the constraints involved
- Describe the components and constraint involved in deploying a Disaster Recovery Site in the cloud.
- Discuss the steps required for troubleshooting automation in Azure.
- Explain the steps required for troubleshooting Scaling Solution issues in Azure.
- Describe the steps required for troubleshooting clusters in Azure
- Deploy a Security Management Server.
- Connect to SmartConsole.
- Configure Azure Active Directory and the Service Principle.
- Install the Cloud Management Extension.
- Configure the Cloud Management Extension.
- Configure the Access Control Policy.
- Assign the Service Principle.
- Create the CloudGuard Controller Object.
- Configure Access Control Policy with a Data Center Object.
- Deploy the Spoke vNets.
- Create the Spoke Route Table.
- Deploy Web Servers into the Spoke vNets.
- Deploy the Virtual Machine Scale Set.
- Assign the Service Principle to the VMSS Resource Group
- Enable Indentity Awareness on the VMSS.
- Create Load Balancer Rules.
- Create vNet Peers.
- Create Web Server Access Control policy.
- Deploy the Azure High Availability Solution.
- Create the Cluster Object.
- Configure the vNet Peering.
- Create the Internal User Defined Routes.
- Create the Security Policy for Internal Traffic.
- Test the Internal Traffic.
- Troubleshoot the CloudGuard Controller.
- Debugs the CloudGuard Controller.
- Debug the Cloud Management Extension
This course is recommended as preparation for exam 156-566 Check Point Cloud Network Security Expert for Azure R81.