Check Point Certified Multi-Domain Security Specialist (CCMS)
This is a 2-day Specialist course which provides a comprehensive understanding of the Check Point Multi-Domain Security Management solution (MDSM) and how to deploy it within the corporate network environment. Supported Versions: R80.20.
Technical professionals who need to install, configure, and manage multiple security domains within their network security environment.
Check Point CCSA and CCSE Certification
About the instructor, Eric Anderson
Eric Anderson is Senior Engineer at Atlantic Data Security and has been working with Check Point products as a VAR for almost 20 years, and as a Check Point certified instructor for 18 years.
Eric is one of the featured speakers at CPX360 in Las Vegas in February 2019.
- Discuss challenges associated with securing large-scale business organizations with distributed network environments.
- Describe the Check Point Multi-Domain Security Management solution and its benefits.
- Understand the components of MDSM and how they work together to help administrators manage multiple network security environments within a single management framework.
- Understand how to install and configure the Multi-Domain Security Management environment.
- Describe how to implement Management High Availability within the MDSM environment.
- Discuss the two types of log server options used to store logs in the Multi-Domain Security Management environment, and how they differ.
- Understand how to manage and view Multi-Domain activity logs in SmartConsole.
- Understand how to configure and implement Global Policy to manage rules for multiple domains.
- Identify various MDSM command line tools commonly used to retrieve information and perform configuration changes on a MDSM Server.
- Describe troubleshooting tools to use for addressing MDSM Server issues.
- Understand how VSX works and how to integrate the technology within the MDSM environment.
- Multi-Domain Security Management
- MDSM Installation and Configuration
- MDSM Log Management
- Global Policy Management
- MDSM Troubleshooting
- Incorporating VSX
- Demonstrating Multi-Domain Security Management
- Migrating a Security Management Server into a Domain Management Server
- Implementing Management High Availability
- Deploying a Multi-Domain Log Server
- Regionalizing the Multi-Domain Environment
- Deploying a Global Policy
- Integrating SmartEvent into Multi-Domain Environment
- Deploying VSX in a Multi-Domain Environment (Optional)
This course is recommended as preparation for the Multi-Domain Security Specialist exam. This exam is under development.