Based on the proven fundamentals within DSDM Atern, the certification provides the ability to deliver agile projects in organizations requiring standards, rigor and visibility around Project Management, while at the same time enabling the fast pace, change and empowerment provided by agile.
The course comprises a mixture of input sessions, group exercises and examination based practical work. All delegates are encouraged to actively participate during the practical sessions to gain the full benefit during the training. During the course, delegates will undertake mock examination and gain feedback on the progress towards eventual success. To prepare effectively for the APMG AgilePM® exam, delegates should be prepared to undertake revision and exam preparation work in the evening.
Course and Learning Objectives Following the completion of the course delegates will be able to:
- Explain how to lay the foundations for successful agile projects
- Explain how an agile project is managed
- Clarify the different management styles needed for successful agile projects (compared to “traditional” projects)
- Provide integration with PRINCE2®
Qualification aims to address the needs of those working in a project-focused environment who want to be agile. It is useful to all candidates and competency levels ranging from highly experience project managers to those new to the industry
Foundation: No prerequisite
- What is Agile? Choosing an appropriate Agile approach
- Philosophy, Principles and Project Variables
- Preparing for Success
- The DSDM Process
- The People – DSDM Roles and Responsibilities
- The DSDM Products
- Key Practices - Prioritisation and Timeboxing
- Planning and Control throughout the Lifecycle
- APMG AgilePM® Foundation Exam:
- Multiple choice format
- 50 questions per paper
- 25 marks required to pass (out of 50 available) - 50%
- 40 minutes duration
- Closed book
The exam is offered at the end of the last course day but is not included in the course price. Extra cost: Foundation NOK 2200,- + mva.