MasterClass: SQL Server Performance Tuning And Optimization
This Masterclass suits Database administrators who are responsible for the proper and reliable operation of one or more SQL Servers. It also suits to Database Developers who want to know how to optimize their code or to isolate performance issues in the data access layer. In this MasterClass participants will learn how to search and detect problems raising in SQL database, the QP and code Execution.
This class includes solid theoretical material, part of which comes directly from the programme team, who develops SQL Server in Microsoft, and unpublished tuning techniques for increasing of SQL Server performance.
Technical Level: 400
The difficulty level is consistent with the widely accepted scale of technical difficulty of training on Microsoft Corp.
About the instructor - Magi Naumova
Margarita Naumova is a very well-known SQL Expert. Magi holds the highest possible SQL Server Technical Certification in the field – Microsoft Certified Master, making her one of the best SQL Server Experts Worldwide. Magi is also a Microsoft Data Platform MVP (Most Valuable Professional). She has more than 20 years of SQL Server and BI technologies consulting and training experience and is a trusted advisor for many large companies in SQL Server Platform Area.
Currently she works as a Managing Partner and Chief SQL Architect of Inspir-it AS, her own newly established Consulting Company in Norway. Margarita is a regular speaker at the largest IT events, SQLBits, SQL Saturday in Europe.
Read more about Magi at Microsoft MVP website
- Database administrators who are responsible for the proper and reliable operation of one or more SQL Servers
- Developers who want to create a good and scalable code by understanding how the internal processes, the QP and code execution work
- SQL Server architects and professionals who want to be successful in performance tuning of SQL Server environments, to empower themselves with knowledge, skills and methodology for finding, isolating and troubleshooting performance problems
After the training attendees will be able to:
- Find performance problems in SQL Server workload and tune them properly
- Know monitoring and profiling tools that SQL Server provides out of the box
- Choose the right tool in order to get the right monitoring data for fast problem detection
- Have a deep understanding of the architecture and the way SQL Server works in order to reach the problem root cause and to act properly
- Configure SQL Server at all levels in order to avoid and reduce problems
- Get to the problem quickly in order to reduce the downtime in production environment
- Develop SQL code that is aligned to good coding practices and provides scalability and performance of the database access layer
- Avoid traps in code development and object usage
- Find/assess code that performs badly and to know how to optimize it
Module 1. SQL Server Internals and Resource Management
Module 2. Waits and Queues Methodology for PTO
Module 3. TempDB and Database level PTO
Module 4. Event-based Monitoring and PTO Scenarios
Module 5. Query Execution and Query plans
Module 6. The importance of statistics and indexes
Module 7. Query Tuning when indexes cannot help
Module 8. Optimizing Large Tables Performance
Module 9. Tools for analysing performance problems