CCME: Check Point Maestro Expert R81.1
The Check Point Certified Maestro Expert course is intended to provide you with the theoretical knowledge and practical skills needed to deploy, manage, and troubleshoot the Check Point Maestro environment.
This course is designed for technical professionals who support the Check Point Maestro hyperscale network security solution.
It is also for those who are working towards their Check Point Certified Maestro Expert (CCME) Specialist credential.
About the instructor, Eric Anderson
Eric Anderson is Senior Engineer at Atlantic Data Security and has been working with Check Point products as a VAR for almost 20 years, and as a Check Point certified instructor for 18 years.
Eric is one of the featured speakers at CPX360 in Las Vegas in February 2019.
Solid working knowledge of:
- Unix-based and/or Windows OS
- TCP/IP Networking
- Check Point API
Check Point training/certification:
- Check Point Certified System Administrator (CCSA)
- Check Point Certified Security Expert (CCSE)
- Scalability and Hyperscale
- Maestro Security Groups and the Single Management Object
- Administrator Operations
- Traffic Flow
- System Diagnostics and Tracking Changes
- Dual Orchestrator Environment
- Dual Site Environment
- Describe the demand for scalable platforms.
- Explain how Maestro uses the hyperscale technology.
- Identify the primary features and components of the Maestro
- Communicate the purpose of Maestro SecurityGroups (SGs), the Single Management Object (SMO), and the SMOMaster.
- Identify the types of interfaces found in Maestro deployment.
- Give examples of VLAN configuration enhancements for uplink
- Identify basic steps in an initial maestro implementation.
- Discuss how to distribute files to all components and to specific
- Explain why verifying changes by using self-tests is important.
- Demonstrate understanding of Maestro traffic distribution and flow.
- Describe a scenario in which you would keep Layer 4 Distribution enabled.
- List the four core diagnostic tools and what each of them is used for.
- Describe how to use audit trails to troubleshoot problems in the system.
- Describe different troubleshooting tools used at different OSI Layers.
- Identify the benefits of a Dual Orchestrator environment.
- Explain how Dual Orchestrators work with Multiple Security Groups
- Describe the procedures used to install an upgrade on Maestro
- Describe the ways to verify the installation is installed correctly
- Creating Security Groups and the Single Management Object.
- Working with Security Groups.
- Analyzing the Distribution Layer.
- Collecting System Diagnostics.
- Troubleshooting Maestro Environments.
- Deploying Dual Orchestrators.
This course is recommended as preparation for exam 156-836: Check Point Maestro Expert (CCME) R81.1