Architecting with Google Cloud Platform: Design and Process
This two-day instructor-led class equips students to build highly reliable and efficient solutions on Google Cloud using proven design patterns. It is a continuation of the Architecting with Google Compute Engine or Architecting with Google Kubernetes Engine course and assumes hands-on experience with the technologies covered in either of those courses. Through a combination of presentations, design activities, and hands-on labs, participants learn to design Google Cloud deployments that are highly reliable and secure; and how to operate Google Cloud deployments in a highly available and cost-effective manner.
This class is intended for the following roles and individuals:
- Cloud Solutions Architects, Site Reliability Engineers, Systems Operations professionals, DevOps Engineers and IT managers.
- Individuals using Google Cloud to create new solutions or to integrate existing systems, application environments, and infrastructure with the Google Cloud.
To get the most out of this course, participants should have:
- Completion of Architecting with Google Compute Engine, Architecting with Google Kubernetes Engine or equivalent experience
- Basic proficiency with command-line tools and Linux operating system environments
- Systems operations experience, including deploying and managing applications, either on-premises or in a public cloud environment
This course teaches participants the following skills:
- Apply a tool set of questions, techniques and design considerations
- Define application requirements and express them objectively as KPIs, SLO's and SLI's
- Decompose application requirements to find the right microservice boundaries
- Leverage Google Cloud developer tools to set up modern, automated deployment pipelines
- Choose the appropriate Google Cloud Storage services based on application requirements
- Architect cloud and hybrid networks
- Implement reliable, scalable, resilient applications balancing key performance metrics with cost
- Choose the right Google Cloud deployment services for your applications
- Secure cloud applications, data and infrastructure
- Monitor service level objectives and costs using Stackdriver tools
Module 1: Defining the Service
Module 2: Microservice Design and Architecture
Module 3: DevOps Automation
Module 4: Choosing Storage Solutions
Module 5: Google Cloud and Hybrid Network Architecture
Module 6: Deploying Applications to Google Cloud
Module 7: Designing Reliable Systems
Module 8: Security
Module 9: Maintenance and Monitoring
This course is the final step towards the Google Cloud Platform Architect certification.