5G Fixed Mobile Convergence
This half day course is designed to introduce the main concepts behind 5G fixed and mobile convergence technology. This will be considered on a high-level basis, with focus on the technology and the key components. It will also provide an insight into a number of converged use cases as well as an overview of the basic operation.
This is a half day course, starting at 13.00 and finishing at 16.30.
This course is relevant for Engineers, Team Leaders, Managers, Tecnicians and Specialists working in these functions:
- Operations at Mobile Service Providers and Equipment vendors
- Network (General), Core Network, RAN (Radio Access Network) and Network Design, Planning & Optimization at Mobile Service Providers
- Software Design and Product Design at Equipment vendors
Topic areas covered include:
Concepts and Drivers
- Driving Factors
- 5G Fixed Mobile Convergence Standardization
- Converged Use Cases
- High Level Architecture:
- Integrated and interworking models
- Trusted Non-3GPP access model.
- Key Functions:
- W-AGF (Wireline-Access Gateway Function)
- 5G-RG (Residential Gateway)
- FN-RG (Fixed Network – Residential Gateway)
- TNAN (Trusted Non-3GPP Access Network)
- Control and User Plane.
5G Fixed Mobile Convergence Procedures
- Connection Management
Exchanging Data in 5G Fixed Mobile Convergence
- Session Management
- QoS Model:
- Session - Total Maximum Bit Rate
- Utilizing PDU Sessions
- Hybrid Access
- EPC interworking
- Fixed Wireless Access