VMware NSX: Install, Configure, Manage [V4.0]
This five-day, fast-paced course provides comprehensive training to install, configure, and manage a VMware NSX® environment. This course covers key features and functionality offered in the NSX 22.214.171.124 and NSX 4.0.1 releases, including the overall infrastructure, logical switching, logical routing, networking and security services, firewalls and advanced threat prevention, and more.
We use e-books for all of our VMware courses.
It is important that you use an email for the registration that you can reach during the course.
- You will receive 4 rolling licenses - 2 for a PC/MAC, and 2 for mobile devices.
- You will receive the e-book in advance of the course; this will allow you to read the materials before the course starts.
- Experienced system or network administrators
- Good understanding of TCP/IP services and protocols
- Knowledge and working experience of computer networking, including switching and routing technologies (L2 through L3) and L2 through L7 firewall
- Knowledge and working experience with VMware vSphere® environments
- Knowledge and working experience with Kubernetes or VMware vSphere® with VMware Tanzu® environments
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe the architecture and main components of NSX
- Explain the features and benefits of NSX
- Deploy the NSX Management cluster and VMware NSX® Edge™ nodes
- Prepare VMware ESXi™ hosts to participate in NSX networking
- Create and configure segments for layer 2 forwarding
- Create and configure Tier-0 and Tier-1 gateways for logical routing
- Use distributed and gateway firewall policies to filter east-west and north-south traffic in NSX
- Configure Advanced Threat Prevention features
- Configure network services on NSX Edge nodes
- Use VMware Identity Manager™ and LDAP to manage users and access
- Explain the use cases, importance, and architecture of Federation
Read the official course description here.
This course leads to the Network Virtualization 2023 certification. As per 21st of March 2023, no new version of the certification is released.