SDWFND: Cisco SD WAN Operation and Deployment
This Cisco SD-WAN Operation and Deployment (SDWFND) course provides an overview of the Cisco® Software-Defined WAN (SD-WAN) solution and SD-WAN components. Learn how to create, manage, and operate a secure extensible network using Cisco SD-WAN products. Gain the skills to configure, operate, and monitor overlay routing in a secure extensible network whilst developing an understanding of the policies and Quality of Service (QoS) deployed in the SD-WAN overlay network.
The Cisco SD-WAN solution is a cloud-delivered overlay WAN architecture that facilitates digital and cloud transformation for enterprises. Cisco SD-WAN significantly reduces WAN costs and time to deploy new services. With Cisco SD-WAN, you can build a robust security architecture that’s crucial for hybrid networks and provides a strong policy framework.
Engineers involved in the implementation of a Cisco SD-WAN environment.
Attendees should meet the following pre-requisites:
- Strong understanding of enterprise wide area network design
- Strong understanding of routing protocol operation, including both interior and exterior routing protocol operation
- Familiarity with Transport Layer Security (TLS) and IP Security (IPSec)
CCNA - Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions
ENCOR - Implementing and Operating Cisco Enterprise Network Core Technologies
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the various components and architecture of the Cisco SD-WAN solution.
- Deploy vEdge routers in a secure extensible network.
- Create templates to aide in the deployment and operation of the secure extensible network.
- Configure and verify overlay routing in the secure extensible network.
- Create simple policies to control traffic flow in the secure extensible network.
SD-WAN Solution Components
- SD-WAN Solution Overview
- SD-WAN Components
- Managing SD-WAN Components
Secure Extensible Network Deployment
- Secure Control Plane Operation
- Secure Control Plane Deployment
- Secure Data Plane Operation
- Cloud Deployments and Redundancy
SD-WAN Template Deployment
- Templates Overview
- Feature Templates
- Device Templates
- Attaching Devices to Templates
SD-WAN Overlay Routing
- Overlay Routing Overview
- OMP Route Advertisements
- OMP Route Redistribution and Network Segmentation
- Configuring and Verifying Overlay Routing
SD-WAN Policies and QoS
- Policy Overview and Framework
- Smart Policy Operation and Construction
- Forwarding and QoS Overview
- Configuring and Monitoring QoS Forwarding
- Lab 1: Manage and Monitor SD-WAN Components
- Lab 2: Deploy and Verify SD-WAN vEdge Routers
- Lab 3: Deploy SD-WAN Templates
- Lab 4: SD-WAN Overlay Routing
- Lab 5: SD-WAN Policies
There are no exams currently aligned to this course