Oracle Linux 7: System Administration
The Oracle Linux 7: System Administration training helps you develop a range of skills, including installation, using the Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel, configuring Linux services, preparing the system for the Oracle Database, monitoring and troubleshooting. In this course, you will be introduced to the Oracle IaaS Cloud Solution. By taking this course, you'll walk away with the knowledge and skills to handle typical issues faced by administrators, while understanding the kernel development model and Linux distributions. Become more familiar with how Oracle Linux brings you the latest Linux innovations, delivering extreme performance, advanced scalability and reliability for enterprise applications and systems.
- Enable kernel features.
- Set up users and groups.
- Configure system logging, the boot process, the network and storage.
- Install additional software packages.
- Keep the kernel up to date by using Ksplice.
- Understand how implementing Ksplice gives you zero down time kernel updates.
- Configure services such as NTP, NFS, FTP, OpenSSH, firewalls and iptables.
- Gain an understanding of the Oracle IaaS Cloud Solution.
- Database Administrator
- Systems Administrator
- UNIX and Linux Essentials
- Types of user accounts & Working with files and directories in Unix
- Text editing using vi & Unix process control
- Unix shell command line features & Basic shell scripting
- Archiving and compressing files in Unix & Performing remote connections and file transfers
- Create Ext, XFS, and Btrfs file systems
- Maintain swap space
- Use Logical Volume Manager (LVM)
- Configure RAID devices
- Configure File Sharing services (NFS, FTP, OpenSSH)
- Perform Security Administration (firewalld, iptables, chroot, TCP wrappers)
- Gain an understanding of the Oracle IaaS Cloud Solution
- Install software packages from Unbreakable Linux Network and other repositories
- Use Ksplice to update the kernel on a running system
- Configure system logging
- Load kernel modules and configure kernel module parameters
- Prepare Oracle Linux system for Oracle database
- Troubleshoot problems and perform corrective action
- Install Oracle Linux 7
- Load and configure the Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel
- Perform User and Group administration