Oracle GoldenGate 19c: Fundamentals for Oracle
This Oracle GoldenGate 19c: Fundamentals for Oracle training focuses on Oracle-to-Oracle database replication. Expert Oracle University instructors will deep dive into the Oracle GoldenGate product suite, walking you through various product features.
Both Classic and Microservices architectures are covered by the course, which starts by explaining replication concepts using the familiar, Classic architecture. After solid replication foundations and concepts are explained and explored, the course delves into Microservices, and students are made quickly familiar with the new architecture. Hands-on practices help solidify the theoretical knowledge acquired during the lessons. Students will implement end-to-end replication environments using both architectures, testing the established replication channels with real data, to verify that replication is taking place.
- Install Oracle GoldenGate on Linux and Windows platforms.
- Issue GGSCI commands.
- Configure, start, stop and monitor Change Capture and Delivery processes.
- Manage Extract trails and files using Data Pump and logdump.
- Create parameter files to transform data.
- Manage multiple Oracle GoldenGate instances.
- Create, configure, manage and monitor replication environments using the Microservices Architecture
Benefits to you:
- Integrate your organization's disparate data across heterogeneous databases to facilitate sophisticated analysis and faster decision-making
- Become more efficient at configuring and implementing Oracle GoldenGate. You'll learn to install both Classic and Microservices Oracle GoldenGate architectures and prepare the source and target environments.
- Enrolling in this course teaches you how to use the Oracle GoldenGate command line interface (GGSCI) efficiently, as well as the new browser-based interface.
- You'll learn GoldenGate configuration processes.
- You'll also develop the knowledge and skills to configure Change Capture (Extract), Change Delivery (Replicat) and Initial Load. You'll learn how to extract trails and files using Extract Pump, create parameter files and manage Oracle GoldenGate instances.
- Advantages and limitations of the newly introduced Microservices architecture will be analyzed in detail.
- Special consideration will be given to unidirectional replication and capture/apply of both DML and DDL statements.
Database Administrators, Database Designers,System Integrators, Data Warehouse Analysts, Technical Consultants, Data Warehouse Developers, Configuration Consultants, Data Warehouse Administrators
- Oracle Database and basic SQL using SQL*Plus
- Editing Linux text files using gedit or vi
- Basic encryption techniques
- Configure, start, stop, and monitor Change Capture (Extract), Change Delivery (Replicat), and Initial Load using the Classic architecture
- Configure, start, stop, and monitor Change Capture (Extract), and Change Delivery (Replicat) using the Microservices architecture
- Filter, map, transform and encrypt in-transit data
- Design replication solutions using Oracle GoldenGate products and environments
- Install Oracle GoldenGate and prepare the source and target database for replication (assumes an Oracle-to-Oracle environment)
- Learn and make use of GGSCI commands
- Use the browser-based interface to configure and manage replication occurring within a Microservices architecture
- Manage Extract trails and files using utilities such as logdump