DO180: Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift
Learn to build and manage containers for deployment on a Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift cluster!
Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift (DO180) helps you build core knowledge in managing containers through hands-on experience with containers, Kubernetes, and the Red Hat® OpenShift® Container Platform. These skills are needed for multiple roles, including developers, administrators, and site reliability engineers.
This course is the starting point for our Red Hat OpenShift curriculum, establishing the foundation needed to advance to Red Hat OpenShift development or administration.
Containers and Red Hat OpenShift have quickly become the de facto solution for agile development and application deployment. Administrators and developers are increasingly seeking ways to improve application time to market and improve maintainability.
This course provides the gateway to organizational and digital transformation by providing an understanding of the potential of DevOps using a container-based architecture. Orchestrating a container-based architecture with Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift improves application reliability and scalability; decreases developer overhead; and facilitates continuous integration and continuous deployment.
This course is based on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.2.
All Red Hat trainings have been converted to virtual training!
All Red Hat open enrollment trainings have been converted to virtual training/ Connect2Classroom, until 31 December 2020. Please choose your required date from our schedule on the right side. See how it works:
Course content summary
- Understand container and OpenShift architecture
- Create containerized services
- Manage containers and container images
- Create custom container images
- Deploy containerized applications on Red Hat OpenShift.
- Deploy multi-container applications.
- Developers who wish to containerize software applications
- Administrators who are new to container technology and container orchestration
- Architects who are considering using container technologies in software architectures
- Site reliability engineers who are considering using Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift
- Be able to use a Linux terminal session and issue operating system commands, and be familiar with shell scripting
- Have experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies
- Being a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) is recommended, but not required
You can learn about the benefits of containers, Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift with Red Hat`s free offering:
Deploying Containerized Applications Technical Overview (DO080)
Introduce container technology
Describe how software can run in containers orchestrated by Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
Create containerized services
Provision a server using container technology.
Manipulate pre-built container images to create and manage containerized services.
Manage container images
Govern the life cycle of a container image from creation to deletion.
Create custom container images
Design and code a Docker file to build a custom container image.
Deploy containerized applications on Red Hat OpenShift
Use single container applications on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
Deploy multi-container applications
Set up applications that are containerized using multiple container images.
Troubleshoot containerized applications
Regulate a containerized application deployed on Red Hat OpenShift.
Comprehensive review of curriculum
Demonstrate how to containerize a software application, test it with Podman, and deploy it on a Red Hat OpenShift cluster.
This course is recommended preparation for exam PE180: Preliminary Exam in Containers, Kubernetes, & Openshift
Recommended next courses
Red Hat OpenShift Enterprise Administration (DO280)
Red Hat OpenShift Development I: Containerizing Applications (DO288)