A DevOps Leader is a tactical or strategic individual who helps design, influence, implement or motivate the cultural transformation proven to be a critical success factor in DevOps adoption. This individual understands the human dynamics of cultural change and is equipped with practices, methods and tools to engage people across the DevOps spectrum.
"Through DevOps, organizations can bring software to market faster, with better quality, less defects, reduced risk and shortened lead times. This course is essential for any IT professional involved in transforming their enterprises' digital strategy."
- Course Author, Mustafa Kapadia
Mustafa Kapadia is a Service Line Leader for IBM 's Digital Transformation DevOps practice, a business advisory practice focused on helping large enterprises transform their software and application delivery. His is an expert in DevOps, cloud, mobile, analytics, application development, outsourcing, and off shoring. Prior to joining IBM, Mustafa was a management consultant with Deloitte's Strategy & Operations practice. He lives in the San Francisco Bay Area, is an avid blogger (when time permits), a speaker, and an advisor to startup companies.
○ Course Goals
○ Course Agenda
○ What Is DevOps?
○ Why Do DevOps
○ Companies Doing DevOps
○ The Magic Equation
○ What Sets DevOps IT apart from Traditional IT
○ How DevOps IT is Organized Differently
○ How to Perform to a Different Standard
○ How to Use Different Measurements
○ Transformational Leadership
○ Redesigning An Organization for DevOps
○ Design Principles
○ What is Value Stream Mapping?
○ Why Do We Need to Use this Framework?
○ Types of Maps
○ How to Create a Value Stream Map?
○ Types of Data to Collect
○ How to Handle Exceptions
○ Conway's Law
○ The Problem with Silos
○ Spotify’s Squad Organization Model (Structure, Roles)
○ How to Reorganize in Order to Move to this Model
○ What is Culture and How Does it Impact Performance?
○ Types of IT Culture
○ Cultural Traits of a DevOps Organization
○ How to Manage Change
○ Types of IT Culture
○ What is a DevOps Culture
○ How To Manage Change
○ The Three Phases Of Change
○ Types of Changes That Need to be Implemented
○ DevOps Tools Periodic Table
○ Top DevOps Tool Categories
○ Common and Popular Practices
○ Exam Requirements, Question Weighting and Terminology List
○ Sample Exam Review
The learning objectives for DOL include a practical understanding of:
The DevOps Foundation Certificate is a pre-requisite for DevOps Practitioner level courses.