This course provides an introduction to DevOps, the cultural and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration, integration and automation in order to improve the flow of work between software developers and IT operations professionals.
Improved workflows will result in an improved ability to design, develop, deploy and operate software and services faster. Improving the ability of IT to produce software faster improves the ability of the business to deliver value to customers faster.
Participants Will Learn How To:
- Articulate DevOps objectives and vocabulary
- Demonstrate the benefits to the business and IT
- Explore principles and practices including Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, testing, security and the Three Ways
- Align DevOps with other frameworks like Agile, Lean and ITSM
- Optimize improved work flows, communication and feedback loops
- Identify automation practices including deployment pipelines and DevOps toolchains
- Understand critical success factors and key performance indicators
- Use real-world examples to understand ROI of DevOps initiative
- Identify how best to scale DevOps for the enterprise
- Achieve the DevOps Institute Foundation Certification
The course is:
Comprehensive - Includes an extensive collection of basic DevOps terms and concepts
Holistic - Highlights all aspects of DevOps (people, processes and technology) and addresses the organizational change aspects of adopting a DevOps culture
Highly Interactive - Including practical hands-on assignments that reinforce the course material
None, but it is recommended that you have familiarity with IT software development and operations responsibilities.
- Software Developers
- Systems Engineers
- Release Engineers
- Automation Architects
- IT Operations Staff
- Infrastructure Architects
- IT Consultants
- Systems Integrators
- Business analysts
- Business Consultants
- Business Stakeholders
- Tool Suppliers
- What is DevOps?
- Why Now?
- The Business Perspective & Outcome Economy
- The IT Perspective
- DevOps Principles
- DevOps Practices
- DevOps and Other Frameworks
- DevOps Values
- Enablers, Benefits, Terms and First Steps for Getting Started
- DevOps Toolchains
- Deployment Pipeline
- Lean as a DevOps Value
- DevOps Teams
- Getting Started
- 40 question, multiple choice
- 60 minute examination, additional 15 minutes is granted to non-native English speakers
- 65% pass
- Leads to the DevOps Institute DevOps Foundation Certificate
- The certification is governed and maintained by the DevOps Institute; exams are delivered through an independent, global examination partner.