RH199: RHCSA Rapid Track Course
Learn essential Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 tasks and methods in a condensed format!
This course is designed for students who already have significant experience with Linux administration. This course combines Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) and Red Hat System Administration II (RH134), reviewing the tasks at an accelerated pace.
This course is intended to develop the skills needed for basic administration and configuration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, introducing key command line concepts and enterprise-level tools and laying the foundation for the rapid deployment of Red Hat Enterprise Linux. The curriculum also introduces the basic administration skills needed for resolving configuration issues and integrating Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems with other existing environments.
This course establishes secure user and group administration and allows administrators to use available storage solutions more efficiently and securely. The rapid pace can quickly turn a computer professional with basic knowledge of Linux into a fully capable Linux administrator.
This course is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
All Red Hat trainings have been converted to virtual training!
All Red Hat open enrollment trainings have been converted to virtual training/ Connect2Classroom, until 31 December 2020. Please choose your required date from our schedule on the right side. See how it works:
This course is geared toward Windows system administrators, network administrators, and other system administrators who are interested in supplementing current skills or backstopping other team members, in addition to Linux system administrators who are responsible for these tasks:
- Configuring, installing, upgrading, and maintaining Linux systems using established standards and procedures
- Providing operational support
- Managing systems for monitoring system performance and availability
- Writing and deploying scripts for task automation and system administration
Students attending this course should:
- understand fundamental Linux computing concepts and be ready to practice the Red Hat Enterprise Linux methods for performing system administration tasks.
- have significant field experience working with Linux as a system administrator is recommended.
If you do not have experience with fundamental Linux computer concepts, we advise you to start with the Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) course instead.
- Package management with new repository structure and appstream modules
- Create storage devices, volumes, and file systems, including Stratis storage management
- Configure network services and security
- Manage processes, scheduling, and tuning
- Manage users, groups, and authentication
- Perform server management with the Cockpit web management utility
- Troubleshoot and obtain support
Read full course descripton: RH199 RHCSA Rapid Track Course
This course leads to the EX200 - Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) exam.
This performance-based Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) exam tests your knowledge in areas of system administration common across a wide range of environments and deployment scenarios. The skills tested in this exam are the foundation for system administration across all Red Hat products.
By passing this exam, you become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), which also counts toward becoming a Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA).
You must be an RHCSA to become a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE).