Program management is rising in popularity. Program management is the discipline that helps manage resources and dependencies across multiple projects whilst implementing strategic changes to the organization. This course covers the basics and main principles of the MSP® methodology for managing successful programs. MSP® is an internationally recognized methodology.
The purpose MSP Practitioner certification is aimed at project managers, business change managers (BCMs) and those working within a Programme Office or in a specialist or governance position within an organization. It demonstrates your ability to understand and apply the MSP principles, governance themes and transformational flow processes when managing a programme.
This level is also a prerequisite for programme management professionals progressing toward the MSP Advanced Practitioner certification, and those aspiring to become programme management professionals in the future.
- How to identify additional value as a result of managing the described change as an MSP programme.Applying each of the MSP principles, the governance themes and the transformational flow processes and their activities.
- The relationship between the MSP principles, governance themes, the transformational flow, programme information (documents) and the MSP defined programme management roles.
- How to produce and evaluate examples of MSP programme information (documents).
- Members of a programme office, business change team members, project delivery team.
- Members, anyone who needs to understand the terminology and concepts underpinning MSP.
- Those wishing to pursue higher level qualifications (e.g. programme managers, business
- Change managers (BCMs) and senior responsible owners (SROs).
MSP Foundation certificate.
MSP Philosophy and Structure:
- What is a program and how it differs to both business as usual and project work.
- Relationship between the MSP Principles, Governance Themes and the Transformational Flow.
The 7 MSP principles:
- Remaining aligned with corporate strategy
- Leading change
- Envisioning and communicating a better future
- Focusing on benefits and threats to them
- Adding Value
- Designing and delivering a coherent capability
- Learning from experience
The 9 MSP Governance Themes:
- Leadership and stakeholder engagementv
- Benefits management
- Blueprint design and delivery
- Planning and control
- The Business case
- Risks and issue management
- Quality and assurance management
The 6 MSP Transformational Flow Processes:
- Identifying a program
- Defining a program
- Managing the tranche
- Delivering the capability
- Realising the benefits
- Closing a program
The exam is will take place at the end of the course on onsite classroom courses
For Virtual courses we will send out a voucher that gives you access to an online exam. This can be booked and taken home monitored by a proctor via camera. More information about the exam rules will be send from PeopleCert.
- Objective testing
- 8 questions per paper
- 40 marks required to pass (out of 80 available) - 50%
- Two-and-a-half hours duration
- Open-book (only the MSP Guide is allowed)