MSP® Practitioner 5th Edition
AXELOS offers two levels of MSP Examination: MSP Foundation and MSP Practitioner. The MSP 5th Edition Foundation Examination is intended to assess whether the candidate can demonstrate sufficient recall and understanding of the MSP programme management framework. MSP 5th Edition Practitioner is for project, programme, and business change managers that want to build on their knowledge of MSP, in order to practically apply the MSP framework to real life scenarios, providing the skills to lead and manage a programme. It is a must-have certification for both project and programme management professionals to deliver organizational value to their employers and boost their careers.
The MSP Foundation qualification is a prerequisite for the MSP Practitioner Examination. The MSP® 5th Edition Practitioner course is a 2-days/16 hours training based on the exam specification for MSP 5th Edition Practitioner certification and is aligned with the Managing Successful Programmes (5th Edition) guide from PeopleCert.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand how to apply the MSP principles in context
- Understand how to apply and tailor relevant aspects of the MSP themes in context
- Understand how to apply and tailor relevant aspects of the MSP processes in context
The MSP® Practitioner certification is intended for:
- Programme managers and aspiring programme managers
- Project managers/senior project managers
- Business change managers
- Other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects, including project board members (e.g. executive), project assurance, and project support
- Operational line managers/staff operating within a programme environment
- Other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of programmes, including: programme board members, programme assurance, and programme management office personnel
- Portfolio management staff
- Specialist programme staff
The MSP 5th Edition Foundation (new version released 2020) qualification is a prerequisite for the MSP 5th Edition Practitioner Examination.
All course material will be delivered digital and consist of:
- Course material with slide sett
- Notebook with sample exams
- Official MSP manual
- PodCast which sums up the highlights per day
How to take the exam:
Regular classroom courses:
Paperbased exam at the end of the last course day
You will get an exam voucher that gives you access to an online exam. This can be booked and taken home monitored by a proctor via camera.
Get the step-by-Step Guidelines on how to take an Online Proctored Exam on your computer.
Online Proctoring Guidelines
The trainer will also guide you through the procedures on how to book and prepare for the exam during the course
For both alternatives:
If you fail on your first attempt you receive a free online retake voucher. This can only be conducted online.
- Course Introduction
- Module 1 Application of MSP Principles
- Module 2 Program Strategy and Themes
- Module 3: Application of Organization Theme
- Module 4: Application of Design Theme
- Module 5: Application of Justification Theme
- Module 6: Application of Structure Theme
- Module 7: Application of Knowledge Theme
- Module 8: Application of Assurance Theme
- Module 9: Application of Decisions Theme
- Module 10: Application of MSP Processes
- Exam Information
About the exam:
- Multiple choice questions
- 58 questions per paper (including 6 matching questions worth 3 marks each), 70 marks available in total
- 42 marks required to pass - 60%
- Two-and-a-half hours’ duration
- Extra time (38 min) for non-natives English speakers
- Open book exam.
Candidates may only use the official manual the Managing Successful Programmes 5th Edition Guide.
The MSP Practitioner certification will expire after three years. In order to maintain your qualification and ensure there are no gaps in your Practitioner status, you can either retake the MSP Practitioner Exam before the expiry date or maintain your certification through CPD points and a digital badge. If you choose to follow the CPD route you will need to purchase a subscription to My MSP