Mastering SQL Server for Database Developers
This class teaches students tips and tricks for writing highly efficient, performant and scalable stored procedures, batches and transactions. Participants will be shown how to properly code functions, joins, sub-queries, Ccse statements, and grouping facilities. They will learn how to change their code and use specific code constructs to get the best performance and scalability. Attendees will see some untraditional techniques and usage of statements in order to get the optimal code execution.
Additionally, students will learn the root causes of locking, the role of properly written search arguments, index optimizations, and stored procedure parameterization issues. They will understand how to avoid specific pitfalls in logical database design, how to write effective code and avoid code problems, how to design an optimal data loading using minimally logged operations. They will be aware of upcoming technologies in new versions.
- Database Developers who are willing to gain deeper knowledge and understanding of the technology
- NET developers who are responsible for database design and server side development.
- Awareness of Relational database design concepts
- T-SQL Practical experience
- Experience in SQL Server Tools usage
- Awareness of common database objects
After class completion the trainees will be able to:
- Gain a mastering level of experience and knowledge in T-SQL
- Make proper decision which constructs and features to use to program specific cases, which one to avoid and how to architect an effective data access layer
- Have a deep understanding of how the code executes in order to avoid sending bad code to the database
- Design proper scalable and performant database programming layer
About Magi Naumova
Margarita Naumova is a very well-known SQL Expert. Magi holds the highest possible SQL Server Technical Certification in the field – Microsoft Certified Master, making her one of the best SQL Server Experts Worldwide. Magi is also a Microsoft Data Platform MVP (Most Valueable Professional). She has more than 10 years of SQL Server and BI technologies consulting and training experience and is a trusted advisor for many large companies in SQL Server Platform Area.
Currently she works as a Managing Partner and Chief SQL Architect of Inspir-it AS, her own newly established Consulting Company here in Norway. Margarita is a regular speaker at the largest IT events, SQLBits, SQL Saturday in Europe.
Read more about Magi at Microsoft MVP website
- Module 1: SQL Server Architecture Overview and Tools
- Module 2: Data and Index structures
- Module 3: Complex T-SQL statements
- Module 4: Query Execution and Query Plans
- Module 5: T-SQL Programming Objects
- Module 6: Transactions and lock management
- Module 7: InMemory OLTP
- Module 8: Loading and deleting data in large tables
- Module 9: Security for Devs
Other relevant courses