ISTQB Advanced Level Test Manager
Build your test management skills. Move into a more senior role as a testing professional. Plus, benefit from our free exam revision sessions.
«The instructor was inspiring and engaging and gave us useful insights into his own work life experiences. Would gladly attend courses with him in the future.»
Are you looking to move into a senior role in testing? Accredit your test management skills!
This course is designed for experienced testing professionals looking to move to a test management role. Gain advanced skills for managing test teams to deliver successful software testing projects.
In this interactive course, you’ll learn the practical application of risk-based testing and test management tasks including planning and estimation. You’ll also learn how to manage stakeholders, form test teams with the relevant competencies and skills to ensure effective resourcing and undertake test process improvement initiatives.
Accredited internationally, the ISTQB® Advanced Test Manager certification is widely recognised as a best practice qualification providing the boost needed to advance your testing career.
The prerequisite for this course is the ISTQB® Foundation Certificate and it is suggested that candidates have at least 3 years testing experience, ideally in a lead role. It is designed for:
- Test Team Leads and Test Managers wanting to improve their test management skills.
- Experienced Testers wanting to progress into a test management role.
- Test Managers wanting to accredit their test management skills for recognition among employers, clients and peers
Instructor Clive Bates
Clive has been involved in testing for over 30 years and has a clear passion to help others grow their own skills and knowledge through training, presentations, and mentoring. Clive has been described by his students as an “Entertrainer” due to his style of training, passion for all aspects of testing and his objective to ensure the training is an enjoyable experience for the students.
His desire to give back to the industry meant he helped establish the original ISEB certification scheme in 1998 with a focus in the UK, and then continuing when ISTQB was established up to the current time. In addition to the delivery of training and consultancy Clive is the Director of Accreditation for UKTB, and part of the Management Executive for the TMMi Foundation as Chair of Accreditation.
Clive also has a keen interest in Process Improvement and has been a TMMi Lead Assessor since 2010 and a certified Test Process Improver. He is very active in training TMMi and running assessments globally, which gives him a unique inside knowledge on a wide range of organisations and lifecycles. Clive likes to learn new things that means he always has an eye on the future direction of our testing industry.
- Manage a testing project by implementing the mission, goals and testing processes
- Organise and lead risk identification and risk analysis sessions and use the results of such sessions
- Create and implement test plans consistent with organisational policies and test strategies
- Continuously monitor and control the test activities to achieve project objectives
- Assess and report relevant and timely test status to project stakeholders
- Identify skills and resource gaps in their test team and participate in sourcing adequate resources
- Identify and plan necessary skills development within their test team
- Propose a business case for test activities which outlines the costs and benefits expected
- Ensure proper communication within the test team and with other project stakeholders
- Participate in and lead test process improvement initiatives
- Test Management
- Test Planning, Monitoring and Control
- Testing in the Software Lifecycle
- Risk-based Testing
- Team Composition
- Test Documentation
- Test Tools & Automation
- Analysis and Design
- Implementing and Execution
- Defect Management
- Evaluating Exit Criteria and Reporting
- Test Improvement Process
The exam is not included in the training. To book exam time please contact our test center.
Exam price for ISTQB Advanced Level Test Manager test is NOK 3250,- + mva
About the exam:
The Foundation Level exam comprises 65 multiple-choice questions, with a scoring of 1 point for each correct answer, a pass mark of at least 65% and a duration of 180 minutes (or 225 minutes for candidates taking exams that are not in their native language).
Please note you need to hold the ISTQB Level Foundation Exam to take this test.
This course is conducted and delivered by our partner Planit.