ISTQB Advanced Level Test Analyst
Build upon your Foundation-level skills with advanced test design techniques learnt with real-world emphasis. Plus, benefit from our free exam revision sessions.
Boost your career and skillset with advanced test design techniques learnt with real-world emphasis.
This practical course is design for testing professionals wanting to build upon their foundation knowledge and develop their test analysis and design skills.
You’ll learn how to apply test design techniques in real-world situations gaining competency in the principles essentials for test design specification and performing outcome-driven test activities.
The prerequisite for this course is the ISTQB® Foundation Certificate and it is suggested that candidates have at least 2 years practical testing experience. It is designed for:
- Experienced Test Analysts wanting to advance their hands-on testing skills.
- Test Managers wanting a better understanding of advanced test design skills.
- Testers wanting to accredit their advanced level skills for recognition among employers, clients and peers.
About the instructor: Rachel Whitney
Rachel Whitney is Senior Trainer who trains many testing and agile courses, to individuals that want to understand more about industry best practises. After spending nearly two decades working and training in the testing space for a number different organisation which include companies in the gaming, utilities and finance industry. Rachel knows what truly works well for any team to achieve a good quality tested product. She has lead test teams using traditional software development lifecycles and has be involved in guiding and coaching teams adopting Agile methodologies. Her passion is to ensure her training classes are filled with a fun and are a relaxed environment to learn something new. With her wealth of experience of she can relate the material that is being taught to real world examples. She is great at keeping a class focused and has recently been told she is the ‘Test Entertainer’.
- Describe the responsibilities for the test analyst in all aspects of test management
- Understand test analysts involvement in different software development lifecycles
- Use review checklists to analyse requirements specifications, use cases or user stories and identify problems
- Participate in risk management activities
- Perform the appropriate test analysis and design tasks based on the project description and the software development lifecycle being used
- Recall the main activities of test analysis and design
- Recall the main components of test implementation and execution
- Determine the steps and considerations that should be taken when executing tests
- Explain the use of test tools
- Understand the importance of designing and implementing a defect classification scheme
- Understand the main components of evaluating exit criteria, reporting and test closure
- Write test cases using specification-based techniques to achieve a defined level of coverage
- Describe defect-based and experienced-based techniques
- Determine and apply appropriate test techniques to meet specified goals
- Exemplify the appropriate techniques to test quality attributes for business domain testing
- Test Management: Responsibilities for the Test Analyst
- Test Analysis and Design
- Test Implementation and Execution
- Defect Management
- Evaluating Exit Criteria, Reporting and Test Closure
- Specification-based Techniques
- Defect-based Techniques
- Experienced-based Techniques
- Applying Techniques
- Testing Software Quality Characteristics
The exam is not included in the training. To book exam time please contact our test center.
Exam price for ISTQB Advanced Level Test Analtyst test is NOK 4300,- + mva
About the exam:
The Foundation Level exam comprises 60 multiple-choice questions, with a scoring of 1 point for each correct answer, a pass mark of at least 65% and a duration of 180 minutes (or 225 minutes for candidates taking exams that are not in their native language).
Please note you need to hold the ISTQB Level Foundation Exam to take this test
This course is conducted and delivered by our partner Planit.
Other relevant courses