Certified Scrum Master (English)
The Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) training class is a two-day learning experience that provides students a immersion into Agile principles and the concepts and practices that define the Scrum framework. The class is presented in an interactive and collaborative format with elements of lecture, classroom discussion, exercises, games and simulations.
During the course, attendees will learn why such a seemingly simple process such as Scrum can have such profound effects on an organization. Participants gain practical experience working with Scrum tools and activities such as the product backlog, sprint backlog, daily Scrum meetings, sprint planning meeting, and burndown charts.
The CSM course is appropriate for aspiring ScrumMasters, delivery team members, managers, project managers, and organizational team leaders seeking a deep understanding of the principles and practices of Scrum, and those seeking to be an effective Servant Leader or Scrum Master within an Agile team or organization.
What you get:
- Recognition by the Scrum Alliance as a Certified ScrumMaster after passing a short certification exam
- A two-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, a $100 value
- Fully paid exam fees.
- Planning Poker® cards for use in estimating with your team
- Lunch, coffee, tea and fruit both days.
The class starts at 09.00 and finishes at 17.00 both days
PMPs: This course counts for 14 Professional Development Units (PDUs).
SEUs: This course qualifies as 14 Scrum Educational Units (SEUs) towards Certified Scrum Professional (CSP).
None, but a basic understanding of Scrum is beneficial. A review of the official Scrum Guide before the class is recommended.
- Agile Principles
- Scrum Values and Principles
- Scrum framework core elements: roles, activities, and artifacts
- The ScrumMaster, Product Owner and Development Team roles
- The Product Backlog and prioritization
- The sprint
- Definition of Done and the Product Increment
- Sprint Backlog and Sprint Planning
- Daily Scrum (stand-up) Meeting
- Burndown Charts and Reporting
- Sprint Review (demo) and Retrospective
- Release Planning
+ Tips and tricks from the instructors long experience of using Scrum in a wide variety of environments
About the instructors:
Benjamin Sommer, Certified Scrum Trainer and Certified Enterprise Coach
Benjamin is a professional agile coach, trainer and innovation mentor. Benjamin is recognised worldwide as an expert in Agile and Scrum and he holds the two highest-level certifications in the field: CST (Certified Scrum Trainer) and CEC (Certified Enterprise Coach) by the Scrum Alliance. His focus is on helping organisations achieve business agility, make product teams go faster and deliver more value. Benjamin has more than 20 years experience as business developer, management consultant, entrepreneur and investor. Benjamin is now using Lean and agile frameworks in his work with both large organisations and growth stage start-ups. Benjamin is also a published author focusing on business development and Scrum in his writings.