GDPR - Certified Data Protection Officer
Obtain all the competences and knowledge necessary to lead all the processes for
implementing and complying with the requirements of the General Data Protection
Regulation (GDPR) in an organization
The Certified Data Protection Officer training course enables you to develop the necessary knowledge, skills and competence to effectively implement and manage a compliance framework with regard to the protection of personal data.
After mastering all the necessary concepts of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified Data Protection Officer” credential. By holding a PECB Certified Data Protection Officer Certificate, you will demonstrate that you thoroughly understand the gap between the General Data Protection Regulation and the current organizational processes including: privacy policies, procedures, working instructions, consent forms, data protection impact assessments, in order to associate organizations in the adoption process to the new regulation.
- Understand the history of personal data protection in Europe
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts and approaches required for the effective alignment with the
- General Data Protection Regulation
- Understand the new requirements that the General Data Protection Regulation brings for EU organizations and non-EU organizations and when it is necessary to implement them
- Acquire the necessary expertise to support an organization in assessing the implementation of these new requirements
- Learn how to manage a team implementing the GDPR
- Gain the knowledge and skills required to advise organizations how to manage personal data
- Acquire the expertise for analysis and decision making in the context of personal data protection
- Project managers or consultants wanting to prepare and to support an organization in the implementation of the new procedures and adoption of the new requisites presented in the GDPR, which will come into force and effect by the 25th May 2018
- DPO and Senior Managers responsible for the personal data protection of an enterprise and the management of its risks
- Members of an information security, incident management and business continuity team
- Expert advisors in security of personal data
- Technical experts and compliance experts wanting to prepare for a Data Protection Officer job
After successfully passing the exam, you can apply for the credential shown in the table below. You will receive the certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential.
For more information about the certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
The requirements for PECB Data Protection Certifications are:
A fundamental understanding of the GDPR and primary knowledge of the present data protection legal requirements.
Introduction to the GDPR and initiation of the GDPR Compliance
- Course objective and structure
- General Data Protection Regulation
- Fundamental Principles of the GDPR
- Initiating the GDPR Implementation
- Understanding the Organization and Clarifying the
- Data Protection Objectives
- Analysis of the Existing System
Plan the implementation of the GDPR
- Leadership and approval of the GDPR
- Compliance Project
- Data Protection Policy
- Definition of the Organizational Structure of
- Data Protection
- Data Classification
- Risk Assessment under the GDPR
Deploying the GDPR
- Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA)
- Design of Security Controls and Drafting of
- Specific Policies & Procedures
- Implementation of Controls
- Definition of the Document Management Process
- Communication Plan
- Training and Awareness Plan
Monitoring and continuous improvement of GDPR compliance
- Operations Management
- Incident Management
- Monitoring, Measurement, Analysis and Evaluation
- Internal Audit
- Data breaches and corrective actions
- Continual Improvement
- Competence, Evaluation and Closing the Training
- Preparation for exam
- The exam duration is three (3) hours. Non-native speakers receive an additional half an hour.
- The exam contains essay type questions.
As the exam is an an Essay Type Open book exam, candidates are authorized to use:
- A copy of the General Data Protection Regulation;
- Course notes from the Participant Handout;
- Any personal notes made by the student during the course; and
- A hard copy dictionary
Examination rules and policies
RECEIVE YOUR EXAM RESULTS
Results will be communicated by email in a period of 6 to 8 weeks, after taking the exam. The results will not include the exact grade of the candidate, only a mention of pass or fail.
Candidates who successfully complete the examination will be able to apply for a certified scheme which is explained in the course description.
In the case of a failure, the results will be accompanied with the list of domains in which the candidate had failed to provide guidance for exams’ retake preparation.
Candidates, who disagree with the exam results, may file a complaint by writing to or through PECB ticketing system.
EXAM RETAKE POLICY
There is no limit on the number of times a candidate may retake an exam. However, there are some limitations in terms of allowed time-frame in between exam retakes, such as:
- Students, who have completed the full training but failed the written exam, are eligible to retake the exam once for free within a 12 month period from the initial date of the exam.
- If a candidate does not pass the exam on the second attempt, he/she must wait 3 months (from the initial date of the exam) for the next attempt (2nd retake). Retake fee applies.
- If a candidate does not pass the exam on the third attempt, he/she must wait 6 months (from the initial date of the exam) for the next attempt (3rd retake). Retake fee applies.
After the fourth attempt, a waiting period of 12 months from the last session date is required, in order for candidate to sit again for the same exam. Regular fee applies.
For the candidates that fail the exam in the 2nd retake, PECB recommends to attend an official training in order to be better prepared for the exam.
To arrange exam retakes (date, time, place, costs), the candidate needs to contact Glasspaper.