ASTQB Mobile Testing Certificate
Designed for testers with experience with functional testing, this course highlights the issues and best approaches for testing mobile applications.
Attendees will learn how to approach mobile testing projects, which quality characteristics to address and how to plan, organise and execute the testing.
Because mobile projects tend to be fast-paced and the devices and user profiles are so widely varied, traditional testing approaches may not meet the needs of the project. This course will show the tester how to prioritise the testing, how to work with the project team to quantify the risks, how to determine the best tools to use for the testing, and how to accomplish the testing efficiently within tight time constraints.
Participants should have a general understanding of test design, processes and terminology. An ISTQB Foundation certificate is recommended, but not required. It is designed for:
- Testers (of any level) who are working on mobile projects
- Testers who will be working on mobile projects and need to gain a general understanding
- Testers seeking certification as a certified mobile tester
- Identify and mitigate the challenges that face a mobile application tester.
- Plan, design and implement appropriate test cases for mobile applications.
- Work with other team members to identify and assess risks, and to implement a testing solution to help mitigate those risks.
- Identify the applicable quality characteristics for a mobile application and identify an appropriate testing approach to address those characteristics.
- Participate in tool analysis and selection to select the most appropriate tools for conducting mobile application testing.
- Identify areas for non-functional testing and prepare appropriate tests for those areas.
- Understand the differences between the various mobile application types and select appropriate tools, techniques and approaches to test those applications.
- Effectively employ simulators, emulators and the cloud for testing.
- Participate in planning for the future, including proper tool selection and building for maintainability.
- Introducing the Mobile Test World
- Test Planning and Design
- Quality Characteristics for Mobile Applications
- Testing Techniques
- Using Statistics
- Environments and Tools
- Planning for the Future
The exam is not included in the training. To book exam time please contact our test center.
About the exam:
The examination is a closed book, 40-question multiple choice exam. Candidates must score a minimum of 26 to become an ASTQB certified Mobile Testing professional at the Foundation level. Examinations are independently administered.
This course is conducted and delivered by our partner Plan IT.
Other relevant courses