SPCOR: Implementing and Operating Cisco Service Provider Network Core Technologies
The Implementing and Operating Cisco Service Provider Network Core Technologies course teaches you how to configure, verify, troubleshoot, and optimize next-generation, Service Provider IP network infrastructures. It provides a deep dive into Service Provider technologies including core architecture, services, networking, automation, quality of services, security, and network assurance.
This course is delivered by Cisco Advanced Services.
This course is a combination of Instructor-Led and Self-Paced Study - 5 days with instructor in the (virtual) classroom and approximately 3 days of self study. The self-study content will be provided as part of the digital courseware that you will recieve at the beginning of the course and should be part of your preparation for the exam.
Network administrators, Network engineers, Network managers, System engineers, Project managers, Network designers and individuals looking to verify, troubleshoot and optmize next-generation, Service Provider IP network infrastructures.
Attendees should meet the following prerequisites:
- Intermediate knowledge of Cisco IOS or IOS XE
- Familiarity with Cisco IOS or IOS XE and Cisco IOS XR Software configuration
- Knowledge of IPv4 and IPv6 TCP/IP networking
- Intermediate knowledge of IP routing protocols
- Understanding of MPLS technologies
- Familiarity with VPN technologies
It is recommended to have attended (or have knwledge equal to):
CCNA - Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions
After completing this course you should be able to:
- Describe the Service Provider network architectures, concepts, and transport technologies
- Describe the Cisco Internetwork Operating System (Cisco IOS®) software architectures, main IOS types, and their differences
- Implement Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) in the Service Provider network
- Implement Integrated Intermediate System-to-Intermediate System (IS-IS) in the Service Provider network
- Implement Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) routing in Service Provider environments
- Implement route maps and routing policy language
- Describe IPv6 transition mechanisms used in the Service Provider networks
- Implement high-availability mechanisms in Cisco IOS XR software
- Implement traffic engineering in modern Service Provider networks for optimal resource utilization
- Describe segment routing and segment routing traffic engineering concepts
- Describe the VPN technologies used in the Service Provider environment
- Configure and verify Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) L2VPN in Service Provider environments
- Configure and verify MPLS L3VPN in Service Provider environments
- Implement IP multicast services
- Describe the Quality of Service (QoS) architecture and QoS benefits for SP networks
- Implement QoS in Service Provider environments
- Implement control plane security in Cisco devices
- Implement management plane security in Cisco devices
- Implement data plane security in Cisco devices
- Describe the Yet Another Next Generation (YANG) data modeling language
- Implement automation and assurance tools and protocols
- Describe the role of Cisco Network Services Orchestrator (NSO) in Service Provider environments
- Implement virtualization technologies in Service Provider environments
This course is recommended as preparation for exam 350-501: Implementing and Operating Cisco Service Provider Network Core Technologies (SPCOR).
Exam 350-501 is part of the new CCNP Service Provider certification and the Cisco Certified Specialist – Service Provider Core certification.