SISE: Implementing and Configuring Cisco Identity Services Engine
The Implementing and Configuring Cisco Identity Services Engine (SISE) v3.0 course shows you how to deploy and use Cisco® Identity Services Engine (ISE) v2.4, an identity and access control policy platform that simplifies the delivery of consistent, highly secure access control across wired, wireless, and VPN connections.
This hands-on course provides you with the knowledge and skills to implement and use Cisco ISE, including policy enforcement, profiling services, web authentication and guest access services, BYOD, endpoint compliance services, and TACACS+ device administration. Through expert instruction and hands-on practice, you will learn how to use Cisco ISE to gain visibility into what is happening in your network, streamline security policy management, and contribute to operational efficiency.
Also - this course helps you prepare to take the exam, Implementing and Configuring Cisco Identity Services Engine (300-715 SISE), which leads to the new CCNP Security and the Cisco Certified Specialist - Security Identity Management Implementation certifications.
This training is aimed at Network security engineers, ISE administrators, Wireless network security engineers, Cisco integrators and partners.
To fully benefit from this course, you should have the following knowledge:
- Familiarity with the Cisco IOS Software Command-Line Interface (CLI)
- Familiarity with Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Familiarity with 802.1X
This class will help you use SISE to:
- Provide secure business and context-based access based on policies
- Centrally configure and manage profiler, posture, guest, authentication, and authorization services in a single web-based GUI console
- Provide a streamlined experience for implementing and customizing guest network access
- Gain leading-edge career skills for high-demand job roles and responsibilities focused on enterprise security
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Describe Cisco ISE deployments, including core deployment components and how they interact to create a cohesive security architecture. Describe the advantages of such a deployment and how each Cisco ISE capability contributes to these advantages.
- Describe concepts and configure components related to 802.1X and MAC Authentication Bypass (MAB) authentication, identity management, and certificate services.
- Describe how Cisco ISE policy sets are used to implement authentication and authorization, and how to leverage this capability to meet the needs of your organization.
- Describe third-party Network Access Devices (NADs), Cisco TrustSec®, and Easy Connect.
- Describe and configure web authentication, processes, operation, and guest services, including guest access components and various guest access scenarios.
- Describe and configure Cisco ISE profiling services, and understand how to monitor these services to enhance your situational awareness about network-connected endpoints. Describe best practices for deploying this profiler service in your specific environment.
- Describe BYOD challenges, solutions, processes, and portals. Configure a BYOD solution, and describe the relationship between BYOD processes and their related configuration components. Describe and configure various certificates related to a BYOD solution.
- Describe the value of the My Devices portal and how to configure this portal.
- Describe endpoint compliance, compliance components, posture agents, posture deployment and licensing, and the posture service in Cisco ISE.
- Describe and configure TACACS+ device administration using Cisco ISE, including command sets, profiles, and policy sets. Understand the role of TACACS+ within the Authentication, Authentication, and Accounting (AAA) framework and the differences between the RADIUS and TACACS+ protocols.
- Migrate TACACS+ functionality from Cisco Secure Access Control System (ACS) to Cisco ISE, using a migration tool.
This course helps you prepare to take exam 300-715 SISE: Implementing and Configuring Cisco Identity Services Engine.
The exam will be available beginning February 24, 2020.
This exam certifies your knowledge of Cisco Identify Services Engine, including architecture and deployment, policy enforcement, Web Auth and guest services, profiler, BYOD, endpoint compliance, and network access device administration.
After you pass exam 300-715 SISE:
- You earn the Cisco Certified Specialist - Security Identity Management Implementation certification
- You will have satisfied the concentration exam requirement for the new CCNP Security certification. To complete CCNP Security, you also need to pass the Implementing and Operating Cisco Security Core Technologies (350-701 SCOR) exam or its equivalent.