Modern Application Architecture
In this course you will learn how to build reliable applications using modern patterns like Domain Driven Design, CQRS, Event Sourcing, Micro-Services and more. The goal is to take you on a journey and grow you as a developer and architect to design better applications.
You should have preferably worked for a few years as a developer in some object oriented language.
About the instructor: Tore Nestenius
Tore has worked as a consultant since 1997 and is a very knowledgeable system developer and has in the past worked for large companies like Ericsson and Flextronics. Early in his career, Tore Nestenius started Programmers Heaven - a portal with over 750 000 monthly users. He’s behind several other successful projects like CodePedia - a Wiki for developers, the Open Source project TNValidate, and the C# School e-book with over 100 000 downloads.
In this course we will cover concepts like:
- How to reduce and manage complexity
- Continuous integration and deployment
- Securing our build and dependencies
- CQRS and the importance of separating reads from write
- Testing and Behavior-Driven Development
- Domain-driven design (DDD)
- Event storming
- Event modeling
- Event sourcing
- Event-driven architecture (EDA)
- Kafka streaming platform
- Database theory and NoSQL databases
- Patterns for distributed applications
- Application resiliency and error handling
- Monolith to Micro Services and back
And much more…