Migrating to AWS
Learn about cloud migration strategies and dive into our recommended five-phase plan for migrating existing workloads to the AWS Cloud. In this course, you will learn strategies for planning and migrating existing workloads to the AWS Cloud, including portfolio discovery, application migration planning and design, migration execution, and post-migration validation and application optimization. The first part provides an overview of migration planning principles and best practices, and the second part focuses on migration design and implementation, with hands-on labs to reinforce concepts.
In this course, you will learn to:
- Explain the various cloud migration strategies.
- Assess cloud migration readiness.
- Discover your portfolio and plan for migration.
- Plan and design your application migration strategy.
- Perform and validate application migration to the cloud.
- Optimize your applications and operations after migrating to the cloud.
- Solutions architects
- IT project managers
- Individuals who are part of an organization’s Cloud Center of Excellence (CCoE)
We recommend that attendees of this course have the following prerequisites:
- For IT professionals: Courses taken: Architecting on AWS
- For IT project managers: Courses taken: AWS Technical Essentials
- Certifications achieved (optional): AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
- Familiarity with enterprise IT infrastructure (hardware and software)
- This course is delivered through a mix of:
- Instructor-led Training
- Hands-on Labs
- Migrating to AWS – An Overview
- Discovery, Analysis and Planning
- Application Migration Planning and Design
- Application Migration and Validation
- Optimizing Applications and Operating in the AWS Cloud