Kubernetes' architecture brings the first real way of operating docker containers in production. This solution was first developed by Google, and TCP Cloud was the world's first real-world testing enterprise deployment experience. We will introduce you to this platform and also present the test results we talked about at the KubeCon 2016 conference.
The training provides a detailed description of each step necessary to operate the Kubernetes environment. The training is aimed at developing skills in container virtualization to a level where the training participant will be able to install, configure, and deploy the docker environment. The training covers the architecture of best practices, workflow creation and component interaction, which is the best preparation for solving real problems encountered by experts in the Kubernetes area.
- Application developers
- Cloud Platform Engineers
- IT system architects
- Running SSH commands
- Basic awareness of networking
The course is designed primarily for users of the Kubernetes cluster, developer, or for acquiring the knowledge needed to complete Advanced Kubernetes. Participants learn how to work with containers and what are the pitfalls of moving existing applications into containers and later launching them in the Kubernetes cluster.
On practical examples, participants will test what tools Kubernetes provides and how to facilitate application development, because clustering is a cluster rather than an application.
Tomáš Kukrál - instructor of the course
Tomas develops the edge cloud platform based on Kubernetes at Volterra. In the past, he worked for Mirantis and was in charge of designing Kubernetes clusters and delivering them to their customers. In his free time he is involved in parachuting and cycling.
Use of Containers
- How Containers Work - From VM to Container, cgroup, namespaces
- Working with Containers (Docker, Podman)
- Start container and troubleshoot
- Persistent storage in containers
- Working with containers
Best-practice - Container Images
- Operation image registers
- Networking in containers
- New safety risks for containers
- Docker daemon production setting
- Using docker-compose for simple orchestration
- The basics of Kubernetes
Introduction to Container Orchestration and Kubernetes
- Architecture and Concepts of Kubernetes
- Access and control of the cluster
- Run the application in the Kubernetes cluster
- Advanced applications
Ingress and LoadBalancer for web applications
- Use persistent storage
- Manage configuration and passwords
- Application tracking and troubleshooting
- Customize Kubernetes running applications
Other relevant courses