jQuery Development (2 days hands-on)
This training course is aimed at client-side Web developers.
- Getting Started with jQuery: Obtaining jQuery; Selecting nodes in a document by using jQuery; DOM manipulation
- Events, Effects, and Animations: Event handling concepts; Using bind() and live(); Chaining events; Showing and hiding elements; Fading elements in and out; Animating elements
- Ajax: Overview of Ajax; Using Ajax directly; Using Ajax with jQuery; Making effective use of JSON
- jQuery Plugins: Overview of plugins; Using the Templates plugin; Using the Data Link plugin; Using the Globalization plugin; Developing new plugins
- jQuery UI: Overview of jQuery UI; Understanding the jQuery UI library; Using jQuery widgets; Using jQuery dialogs, accordions, tabs, and other layouts
- Mobile Development: Getting started with HTML5 mobile; Creating a mobile user interface; Managing data; Implementing UI behaviour
Andy Olsen - author of the course
Andy is a freelance consultant and instructor based in the UK, working mostly in the City of London and Oxford. Andy has been working with .NET since the Beta 1 days and has extensive experience in many facets of .NET development including WCF, WPF, WF, ASP.NET MVC Web development, and mobile applications. Andy has designed and written many Microsoft Official Curriculum courses in the last decade, and has been engaged as author and technical reviewer with Apress on some of their biggest selling books.