Google Cloud Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure
This one-day instructor-led class provides an overview of Google Cloud Platform products and services. Through a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs, participants learn the value of Google Cloud Platform and how to incorporate cloud-based solutions into business strategies.
This class is intended for the following audience:
- Individuals planning to deploy applications and create application environments on Google Cloud Platform.
- Developers, systems operations professionals, and solution architects getting started with Google Cloud Platform.
- Executives and business decision makers evaluating the potential of Google Cloud Platform to address their business needs.
Familiarity with application development, systems operations, Linux operating systems, and data analytics/machine learning is helpful in understanding the technologies covered.
This course teaches participants the following skills:
- Identify the purpose and value of Google Cloud Platform products and services
- Interact with Google Cloud Platform services
- Describe ways in which customers have used Google Cloud Platform
- Choose among and use application deployment environments on Google Cloud Platform: Google App Engine, Google Container Engine, and Google Compute Engine
- Choose among and use Google Cloud Platform storage options: Google Cloud Storage, Google Cloud SQL, Google Cloud Bigtable, and Google Cloud Datastore
- Make basic use of BigQuery, Google’s managed data warehouse for analytics
- Module 1: Introducing Google Cloud Platform
- Module 2: Getting Started with Google Cloud Platform
- Module 3: Google App Engine and Google Cloud Datastore
- Module 4: Google Cloud Platform Storage Options
- Module 5: Google Container Engine
- Module 6: Google Compute Engine and Networking
- Module 7: Big Data and Machine Learning
This course is the first step towards the Cloud Platform Architect certification.
Other relevant courses