Check Point Certified Cloud Specialist (CCCS)
A 2-day Specialist course which provides an understanding of the basic concepts and skills necessary to configure and deploy Check Point CloudGuard IaaS products in public cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and Google Cloud Platform.
Supported Versions: R80.20
This course is designed for technical professionals who support, install, deploy, or manage Check Point CloudGuard IaaS solutions within their security environment. It is also meant for those who are working towards their Check Point Certified Cloud Specialist (CCCS) certification.
- Check Point CCSA training/certification
- Basic knowledge of networking
- 6 months to 1 year of experience with Check Point products recommended
- Understanding Cloud Fundamentals
- Introducing CloudGuard Protections
- Deploying CloudGuard
- CloudGuard Security Policy
- Automating CloudGuard Protections
- Dome9 Security for IaaS Cloud Infrastructure
- Build Azure Virtual Networks with CloudGuard Protections
- Build an AWS Cloud with CloudGuard Security
- Automate CloudGuard Protections in Azure
- Configure a Transit VPC
- Explain cloud network functions, service models, and deployment options.
- Identify CloudGuard’s primary components that protect cloud environments and datacenters.
- Understand the key elements and basic concepts of the Secure Public Cloud Blueprint.
- Describe the deployment options available for CloudGuard IaaS instances.
- Recall the general troubleshooting resources and the misconfiguration issues that impact CloudGuard deployments.
- Recognize the security policy layers and security object settings used in cloud security configurations.
- Learn how to create an adaptive Security Policy with a cloud-context aware rulebase.
- Understand the process of automating Security Policy enforcement on Security Gateways.
- Recognize the types of cloud automation resources that support adaptive security protections.
- Describe the cloud components and methods that support autoprovisioning CloudGuard instances.
- Describe the Dome9 SaaS protections available for IaaS public cloud infrastructures.
- Understand how to define users, build Security Policy, and configure system logging and alerts.
- Learn how to control network security access within public cloud environments.
- Identify the reports that find non-compliant cloud resources in public cloud accounts.
- Know which tools provide automated remediations to non-compliant cloud resources.
- Understand how to use cloud analytics to improve the visibility of a cloud account’s security status
This course is recommended as preparation for the Check Point Certified Cloud Specialist exam 156-560.