BCS Modelling Business Processes Certificate
Gain practical, proven techniques for modelling, analysing and improving business processes. Apply your learning by following a detailed case study.
Learn methods for improving your processes and realise business outcomes.
The importance of modelling techniques as part of the business analysts’ toolkit is a given and process modelling underpins organisational process improvement. Thus, understanding and applying proven modelling techniques is an essential skill for business analysts to derive successful business outcomes.
Modelling Business Processes offers practical, proven techniques for modelling, analysing and improving business processes. This promotes a hierarchical approach to ensure holistic analysis, which considers not only process but also the surrounding factors in the business operating model. Theoretical concepts are supported by practitioner experience and a detailed case study which provides participants with an opportunity to apply their learning to both AS-IS and TO-BE process model development.
This course has no prerequisites and is able to be undertaken by anyone interested in wanting to understand how to effectively model business processes. It is designed for:
- Experienced Business Analysts wanting to learn best-practice modelling skills and techniques.
- BA’s looking to achieve the BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis.
- Anyone wanting to understand how to effectively model business processes.
- Business Analysts looking to accredit their skills for recognition among employers, clients and peers.
- Create an organisational model displaying the primary value chain and external factors influencing the enterprise operation
- Describe the importance of business events and name three categories of event
- Produce business process models at the correct level of detail to aid analysis, readability and understanding
- Document the tasks in a process to identify task steps and improvement opportunities
- Explain the purpose of human performance analysis in process improvement
- Redesign improved processes and deliver appropriate process and task documentation
- Understand the importance of process management and well-formed measurement tools such as Scorecard, KPIs and CSFs
- Use process models to identify requirements for enterprise software solutions
- Context for business process modelling
- The organisational view
- Modelling an organisation
- Modelling processes
- Creating ‘As Is’ process models
- Analysing tasks
- Human aspects of performance
- Managing and measuring processes
- Process improvement and redesign
- Creating ‘To Be’ process models
- Implementation issues
- IT support for business processes
Candidates take a 1 hour, open-book, scenario-based, essay-style examination.
Please note! Exam fee is not included in the course price, and will be invoiced extra. Due to currency changes, please contact us for exam fee.