VMware NSX: Design [V4.x]
This five-day course provides comprehensive training on considerations and practices to design a VMware NSX® environment as part of a software-defined data center strategy. This course prepares the student with the skills to lead the design of an NSX environment, including design principles, processes, and frameworks. The student gains a deeper understanding of the NSX architecture and how it can be used to create solutions to address the customer’s business needs.
We use e-books for all of our VMware courses.
It is important that you use an email for the registration that you can reach during the course.
- You will receive 4 rolling licenses - 2 for a PC/MAC, and 2 for mobile devices.
- You will receive the e-book in advance of the course; this will allow you to read the materials before the course starts.
- Network and security architects and consultants who design the enterprise and data center networks and NSX environments
- Before taking this course, you must complete the following course: VMware NSX: Install, Configure, Manage [V4.0]
- You should also have understanding or knowledge of these technologies:
- Good understanding of TCP/IP services and protocols
- Knowledge and working experience of computer networking and security, including:
- Switching and routing technologies (L2 and L3)
- Network and application delivery services (L4 through L7)
- Firewalling (L4 through L7)
- vSphere environments
- The VMware Certified Professional – Network Virtualization certification is recommended
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe and apply a design framework
- Apply a design process for gathering requirements, constraints, assumptions, and risks
- Design a VMware vSphere® virtual data center to support NSX requirements
- Create a VMware NSX® Manager™ cluster design
- Create a VMware NSX® Edge™ cluster design to support traffic and service requirements in NSX
- Design logical switching and routing
- Recognize NSX security best practices
- Design logical network services
- Design a physical network to support network virtualization in a software-defined data center
- Create a design to support the NSX infrastructure across multiple sites
- Describe the factors that drive performance in NSX
Read the official course description here.