VMware NSX: Install, Configure, Manage v6.4
This five-day, comprehensive, fast-paced training course presents VMware NSX® as a part of the software-defined data center. You will learn how to use logical switching in NSX to virtualize your switching environment. The course also details logical routing to enable you to dynamically route between different virtual environments. You will also learn how to use gateway services, firewall configurations, and security services to help secure and optimize your NSX environment. Access to a software-defined data center environment is provided through hands-on labs to reinforce the skills and concepts presented in the course.
We use e-books for all of our VMware courses.
It is important that you use an email for the registration that you can reach during the course.
- You will receive 4 rolling licenses - 2 for a PC/MAC, and 2 for mobile devices.
- You will receive the e-book in advance of the course; this will allow you to read the materials before the course starts.
- Experienced system or network administrators
- Understanding of enterprise switching and routing
- Knowledge of TCP/IP services
- Experience with firewalls and firewall rule sets
- Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware Data Center Virtualization Fundamentals course or VCA-DCV certification
- Configure and deploy NSX components for management and control
- Describe basic NSX layer 2 networking
- Configure, deploy, and use logical switch networks
- Configure and deploy NSX distributed router appliances to establish east-west connectivity
- Configure and deploy VMware NSX® Edge™ services gateway appliances to establish north-south
- Configure NSX L2 bridging
- Configure and use all main features of the NSX Edge services gateway
- Configure NSX Edge firewall rules to restrict network traffic
- Configure NSX distributed firewall rules to restrict network traffic
- Configure Service Composer policies
- Configure an identity-aware firewall
- Describe NSX data security
- Use the cross-vCenter NSX feature
Read the official course description here.
This course leads to the VMware Certified Professional 6 – Network Virtualization (VCP6-NV) certification. As per 7th of August 2018, no new version of the certification is released.