VMware Horizon 7: Install, Configure, Manage [V7.7]
This five-day, hands-on course gives you the skills to deliver virtual desktops and applications through a single virtual desktop infrastructure platform. This course builds your skills in installing, configuring, and managing VMware Horizon® 7 through a combination of lecture and hands-on labs. You will learn how to configure and deploy pools of virtual machines, how to manage the access and security of the machines, and how to provide a customized desktop environment to end users.
E-books for all of our VMware courses.
It is important that you use an email for the registration that you can reach during the course.
- You will receive 4 rolling licenses - 2 for a PC/MAC, and 2 for mobile devices.
- You will receive the e-book in advance of the course; this will allow you to read the materials before the course starts.
This course is eligible for use og PSO credits. Read more about PSO credits here: PSO Credits Vmware
Technical personnel who work in the IT departments of end-customer companies and people who are responsible for the delivery of remote or virtual desktop services
Customers attending this course should have, at a minimum, the following VMware infrastructure skills:
- Use VMware vSphere® Web Client to view the state of virtual machines, datastores, and networks
- Open a virtual machine console on VMware vCenter Server® and access the guest operating system
- Create snapshots of virtual machines
- Configure guest customization specifications
- Modify virtual machine properties
- Convert a virtual machine into a template
- Deploy a virtual machine from a template
Attendees should also have the following Microsoft Windows system administration experience:
- Configure Active Directory services, including DNS, DHCP, and time synchronization
- Restrict users’ activities by implementing Group Policy objects
- Configure Windows systems to enable Remote Desktop Connections
- Build an ODBC connection to an SQL Server database
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Identify VMware Horizon components
- Install and configure View Connection Server
- Install and configure virtual desktops
- Configure and manage VMware Horizon® Client™ systems
- Configure and manage pools of physical and virtual machines
- Configure and manage automated pools of full virtual machines
- Configure and manage pools of linked-clone desktops
- Configure and manage automated pools of instant clones
- Configure and manage Remote Desktop Services (RDS) pools of desktops and applications
- Use Horizon Administrator to configure the VMware Horizon environment
- Configure secure access to virtual desktops
- Use VMware User Environment Manager™ to manage user personalization and application configurations
- Describe steps to deploy profile management
- Use VMware App Volumes™ to provision and manage applications
- Manage the performance and scalability of a VMware Horizon deployment
Read the official course description here
This course is recommended as a preparation for the following exam: VMware Certified Professional - Desktop and Mobility 2019 (VCP-DTM 2019)
Andre relevante kurs