TOGAF® 9 Training Course Combined (including certification vouchers)
The TOGAF® 9 Level 1 and 2 Combined course is an interactive, classroom-based learning experience. The course covers the curriculi of both Level 1 and level 2. The Foundation level content enables participants to successfully complete the associated TOGAF Level 1 exam, known as TOGAF 9 Foundation.
The certification provides validation that the candidate has gained knowledge of the terminology, structure, and basic concepts of TOGAF 9, and understands the core principles of Enterprise Architecture and TOGAF. The TOGAF 9 Level 2 content focuses on the practical application of TOGAF framework, building on the foundational knowledge and comprehension of Level 1, using practical scenarios to enforce concepts.
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of TOGAF 9 (e.g. System Integrators, Operational, business and IT developers, CIO’s and IT managers, Program and Project leaders, IT specialists, architects)
- Professionals who are working in an organization where TOGAF 9 has been adopted and who need to participate in architecture projects and initiatives
- Architects who will be responsible for developing architecture artifacts
- Architects who wish to introduce TOGAF 9 into an architecture practice
- Architects who want to achieve a recognized qualification to demonstrate their detailed knowledge of TOGAF 9
There are no formal prerequisites; it is recommended that participants have experience in the IT domain. Note, to be certified on TOGAF 9 Level 2, it is required to have passed the TOGAF Level 1 exam.
This TOGAF® training is provided by Glasspaper in collaboration with Van Haren Publishing and is accredited by The Open Group
Individuals certified at this level will have demonstrated their understanding of:
- The ADM phases in development of an enterprise architecture
- Architecture Governance in development of an enterprise architecture
- The Architecture Content Framework
- The concept of Building Blocks
- The Stakeholder Management Technique
- The Content Metamodel
- The recommended techniques for developing an enterprise architecture
- The TOGAF Technical Reference Model and how to use it to meet an organization’s needs
- The TOGAF Integrated Information Infrastructure Reference Model
- The content of the key deliverables of the ADM cycle
- How an enterprise architecture can be partitioned to meet the specific needs of an organization
- The purpose of the Architecture Repository
- How to apply iteration and different levels of architecture with the ADM
- How to adapt the ADM for security
- SOA as a style of architecture
- The role of architecture maturity models in developing an enterprise architecture
- The purpose of the Architecture Skills Framework and how to apply it within an organization
TOGAF® 9 Combined Part 1 and Part 2 Exam
- Open Book: Dependent on section. This examination comprises two separate sections. The TOGAF 9 Part 1 section is CLOSED Book. The TOGAF 9 Part 2 section is OPEN book. An electronic copy of the specification is built into the exam and becomes available in Part 2 only.
- Exam type: The exam comprises two sections. Section 1: 40 Simple Multiple-Choice questions + Section 2: 8 Scenario Based, Complex Multiple-Choice
- Number of questions: 48
- Pass score: The pass mark for Part 1 is 55%, which means 22 or more points out of maximum of 40 points. For Part 2, the pass mark is 60%, which means 24 or more points out of a maximum of 40 points. Note that you must pass both parts of the exam to achieve an overall pass result. If you fail either part you fail the examination, however you only need retake the examination(s) corresponding to the failed section(s).
- Time limit: 150 Minutes total - Additional time may be provided for people taking an English language exam for whom English is not their first language. Each section has a maximum time limit as follows: 60 Minutes on TOGAF 9 Part 1. 90 Minutes on TOGAF 9 Part 2. Once you complete the TOGAF 9 Part 1 section you cannot return to it. There is no break between sections; Part 1 directly follows Part 2.
- Retake policy: If you fail you must wait one month before another attempt on any TOGAF 9 examination. This applies even if you only need to retake one of the two parts of the examination.
The exam is included in the training fee. When you have completed the course, contact and request your free exam voucher which can be used at any Pearson Vue test center. Glasspaper facilities this exam in Oslo, Trondheim, Stavanger and Bergen.
Please note that your voucher is valid for 12 months of your course start.