MS 20745: Implementing a Software-Defined DataCenter (Hyper-V and VMM)
Important notice - this course is retired
This course was retired from Microsoft 31 December 2021, and replaced by the new course:
AZ-140: Configuring and Operating Microsoft Azure Virtual Desktop
This course is intended for IT professionals and administrators who are responsible for designing, implementing, and managing virtualization infrastructure in a software-defined datacenter by using System Center 2016 Virtual Machine Manager. The main focus of this course is on managing Hyper-V virtualization infrastructure in Windows Server 2016, although the course also covers other virtualization platforms that can be managed by using Virtual Machine Manager 2016.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- An understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts
- An understanding of different storage technologies and concepts
- Familiarity with different types of virtualizations
- Familiarity with Windows Server and Windows Server administration
- An understanding of Windows PowerShell
The prerequisites can be met by attending the following courses, or obtaining equivalent knowledge and skills:
- 20740 - Storage & Compute with Windows Server 2016
- 20741 - Networking with Windows Server 2016
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the different virtualization options.
- Install and manage Hyper-V on Windows Server 2016.
- Install and configure System Center 2016 Virtual Machine Manager.
- Manage storage fabric and fabric updates.
- Configure and manage the Virtual Machine Manager library and library objects.
- Manage the networking fabric.
- Create and manage virtual machines by using Virtual Machine Manager.
- Manage clouds in Virtual Machine Manager.
- Manage services in Virtual Machine Manager.
- Monitor a virtualization infrastructure by using System Center Operations Manager.
- Implement and manage Hyper-V Replica and Azure Site Recovery.
- Protect virtualization infrastructure by using Data Protection Manager.
Read complete course description with module and labs overview: MS 20745: Implementing a Software-Defined DataCenter.
Exam 70-745: Implementing a Software-Defined Datacenter was retired on 31 January 2021.
Please find an overview over current