MS 20409: Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper-V® and System Center
IMPORTANT MESSAGE - this course has been retired
There is a new course that is replacing MS 20409:
MS 20745: Implementing a Software-Defined DataCenter (Hyper-V and VMM)
This course is intended for IT professionals who are responsible for designing, implementing, managing, and maintaining a virtualization infrastructure or are interested in learning about current Microsoft Virtualization technologies. The secondary audience for this course includes IT decision makers who will determine which virtualization product to implement in their data centers.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- An understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts
- An understanding of different storage technologies and concepts
- The ability to work in a team/virtual team
- An understanding of Windows PowerShell®
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Evaluate an organization’s virtualization requirements and plan for server virtualization.
- Install and configure the Hyper-V server role.
- Create virtual machines, create and manage virtual hard disks and work with snapshots.
- Create and configure virtual machine networks in a Hyper-V environment.
- Implement virtual machine movement and Hyper-V Replica.
- Provide high availability for Hyper-V environment by implementing failover clustering.
- Manage virtual environment by using System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager.
- Manage networking and storage infrastructure in Virtual Machine Manager.
- Configure and manage Virtual Machine Manager library and library objects.
- Create and manage virtual machines by using Virtual Machine Manager.
- Create and manage clouds by using System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager.
- Create and manage services in System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager.
- Protect virtualization infrastructure by using Windows Server Backup and Data Protection Manager.
Read course description: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/course.aspx?cid=20409B
This course leads to the exam: 74-409 Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper-V and System Center