MCSA Microsoft Azure (Cloud Platform) Boot Camp
This course is aimed for experienced IT Professionals who currently administer their on-premise infrastructure and needs architecture skills necessary to design solutions for Microsoft Azure. The course introduces the student to Microsoft Azure and then teaches them how to manage their infrastructure in Azure rather than on premise.
This course is combination of standard MOC 20-533 training Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions, plus MOC course 20-535 Architecting Microsoft Azure solution and cover additional modules that extends the depth and knowledge of Microsoft Azure cloud solution.
The course itself has a lot of Hands on labs that can provide in practice steps for configuring, managing, utilizing and monitoring Windows Azure, as extension of classical Datacenter.
This course always cover the latest Microsoft Azure releases in time that the course is teaching, which means some of the topic might be modified to be relevant with latest technology changes.
This course is intended for:
- IT Pro who have some knowledge of cloud technologies and want to learn more about Microsoft Azure.
- IT Pro who want to deploy, configure, and administer services and virtual machines in Microsoft Azure.
- IT Pro who have used Microsoft System Center to manage and orchestrate a Microsoft server infrastructure.
- Windows Server administrators who are looking to evaluate and migrate on-premises Active Directory roles and services to the cloud.
- IT professionals who want to use Windows Azure to host web sites and mobile app back-end services.
- IT professionals who are experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, who meet the course prerequisites, and are looking to cross-train on Microsoft Azure.
- IT Pro who want to take the Microsoft Certification exams, 70-533, Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions and 70-534, Architecting Azure Solutions
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Understanding of on-premises virtualization technologies including: virtual machines, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks.
- Understanding of network configuration including: TCP/IP, DNS, virtual private networks, firewalls, and encryption technologies.
- Understanding of websites including: create, configure, monitor and deploy a website on Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Understanding of Active Directory concepts including: Domains, Forests, Domain Controllers, replication, Kerberos, and LDAP.
- Understanding of database concepts including: Tables, queries, Structured Query Language (SQL), and database schemas
- Understanding of resilience and disaster recovery including: backup and restore operations.
- Understanding of Hyper-V disaster recovery functionality
An understanding of the System Center Suite is desirable and recommended, but not needed, specifically:
- Virtual Machine Manager 2012
- App Controller 2012
- Operations Manager 2012
- Virtualization Technologies: Hyper-V and Windows Server 2012 R2
- Basic Knowledge of PowerShell
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the Microsoft Azure Resource Manager
- Implement Resource Groups
- Configure Azure Automation
- Use OMS (Log Analytics)
- Describe Azure architecture components including infrastructure, tools, and portals.
- Implement and manage virtual networking within Azure and to connect to on-premises environments.
- Plan and create Azure virtual machines.
- Configure, manage, and monitor Azure virtual machines to optimize availability and reliability.
- Implement, manage, backup and monitor storage solutions.
- Implement Azure Site Recovery Services
- Plan and implement data services based on SQL Database to support applications.
- Plan and implement share point server farm in Microsoft Azure
- Deploy and configure websites.
- Deploy, configure, monitor, and diagnose cloud services.
- Publish content through CDNs and publish videos by using Media Services.
- Create and manage Azure AD directories, and configure application integration with Azure AD.
- Integrate on-premises Windows AD with Azure AD.
- Implementing Azure RMS and Multi-factor Authentication
- Automate operations in Azure management by using PowerShell runbooks.
- Design Cloud Infrastructure and Development – Hybrid Cloud Management
- Design Advanced Applications
- Design Application Storage & Data Access
- Securing Resources
- Design Management and Monitoring Strategy
Module 1: Introduction to Azure
Module 2: Implementing and Managing Virtual Networks
Module 3: Implementing Virtual Machines"
Module 4: Managing Virtual Machines
Module 5: Implementing Azure App Services
Module 6: Planning and Implementing Storage, Backup and Recovery Services
Module 7: Planning and Implementing Azure SQL Database
Module 8: Implementing PaaS Cloud Services
Module 9: Implementing Azure Active Directory
Module 10: Managing Active Directory identities in a Hybrid Environment
Module 11: Implement Azure-based management and automation
Module 12: Design Azure Resource Manager (ARM) Networking
Module 13: Design Azure Web and Mobile Apps
Module 14: Design advanced applications
Module 15: Federating Azure Active Directory with AD FS
Module 16: Implementing specific workloads in Azure VM best practices
- Deploying SharePoint Farm with Microsoft Azure
- Implementing Domain Controller
- Implementing SQL in Azure VM
- Implementing System Center in VM
- Implementing Exchange Server in VM
Module 17. Design Management, Monitoring and business continuity strategy with Azure Site Recovery
Module 18. Architecting an Azure Compute Infrastructure
Module 19. Hybrid Cloud with System Center
This course is directly relevant if you want to pass Exam 70-533 and Exam 70-535.
Andre relevante kurs