Implementing Modern Architecture
To be a successful architect, one needs to know the pros and cons of different architectures and under what conditions they are applied in a project. In addition, a good knowledge of the development process and project support in production is also very valuable.
In this course, participants will learn about the pitfalls of misapplying an architecture style and applying it to the wrong problem. We’ll also cover topics like Microservices, CQRS, Hexagonal Architecture, Event Sourcing, System stability, Development quality, and more.
Architects, Team Leads, Senior Developers
20% workshop / 80% lecture
Marek Dominiak: Owner of a Software Company / Architect / Lead Developer
Software developer and architect with 15 years of experience (10 years in the Norwegian market) mainly in Java World. I have experience in mentoring developers and leading teams. My main focus is on creating sustainable solutions (projects that will live for many years) and this set me early on the path of learning about software craftsmanship, domain-driven design, and code quality.
Vadzim Prudnikau: Architect / Team Lead / Senior Developer
Senior Java Developer, Team Lead, and Architect with 17 years experience (5 years in the Norwegian market) who believes that technical skills, self-education, being a good team player, and knowledge sharing are the keys to success.
- Architecture and Architects
- What is “architecture”?
- What is good architecture?
- Who is a good architect?
- Architectural drivers
- Domain-Driven Design
- Why use DDD?
- How to discover a Bounded Context?
- System Architecture
- Modular Monolith
- How to make a choice?
- A path from Monolith to Microservices
- Documenting your Architecture
- Sharing main decisions
- Visualizing architecture
- Synchronous and Asynchronous communication
- Commands vs Events
- Big and Small Events
- Message Naming
- Event Choreography and Orchestration
- Message Concurrency
- Message Processing Order
- Dealing with Errors
- Idempotent Consumers
- Two-phase Commit for sending Messages?
- Coding your Architecture
- Project structure
- Applying Hexagonal Architecture principles
- Package structure
- Designing Aggregates and Value Objects
- Ensuring Invariants in Domain Model
- Command Query Responsibility Segregation
- Event Sourcing: advantages and challenges
- REST API
- General principles
- Task-based REST API
- Dealing with Errors: Problem Details
- Stability of your System
- Common failures and stability antipatterns
- Stability patterns
- Monitoring your System
- Aspects of monitoring
- Metrics to expose